Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Still getting Out-of-order producer completion error after updating to 11.0.1

• 1.  Still getting Out-of-order producer completion error after updating to 11.0.1

Posted May 17, 2007 11:48 PM
    One of the problems that the latest LiveUpdate for GSS 2.0 patch (2.0.1) should have fixed was these Out-of-order producer completion error pop ups on the desktop with Ghost client installed.

However, I am still getting these popups fairly frequently still. Most of the time they appear after a reboot, and when I left-click on the Ghost icon in the system tray.

Please can someone look into this? This is getting to the point of beyond annoying, almost reaching frustration.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Still getting Out-of-order producer completion error after updating to 11.0.1

Posted Jun 06, 2007 05:51 PM
    I think it was the problem with ngtray.exe program.
    you can disable it from a registry key.
    it is under,
    hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run

also I believe techsupport have a fix for this ngtray issue as well.
    so if you don't see any issues when you disable ngtray.exe, you can ask for the fix.

• 3.  RE: Still getting Out-of-order producer completion error after updating to 11.0.1

Posted Oct 18, 2007 08:39 AM
    Disabling it from the registry didn't do nothing for me.

• 4.  RE: Still getting Out-of-order producer completion error after updating to 11.0.1

Posted Oct 18, 2007 06:20 PM
    There have been several separate things that lead to this message popping up; the pop-up itself is a symptom, not a cause, of another fault; to fix it what I have to do is work back to the root causes.

The most common of the causes (accounting for virtually all of the cases) was fixed in 2.0.1. The problem for me in fixing the remaining cases was that they are incredibly rare and it would not happen for us in our laboratories to allow me to gather any information on what might lead to them. This has made progress very slow as a result.

I'm confident that I have identified and fixed in the code the root cause of the remaining instance of this popup; however, there are other problems with the process of upgrading clients from 2.0.1 that are not reliable enough (I'd describe them as more painful in practice than the pop-up itself). So, in order to move forward we have also had to redesign the upgrade procedures to ensure that any fixes we make more widely available go in smoothly.

Changes of this magnitude require a lot of QA work to find regressions and ensure that they don't cause additional problems; that testing and stabilisation process is underway, but by its nature it takes as long as it takes. I can't tell you when it will be done, but we're working on it.

• 5.  RE: Still getting Out-of-order producer completion error after updating to 11.0.1

Posted Oct 25, 2007 11:44 AM
    I've just had one user get this message on their PC. other than pushing out the client nothing has been done with the pc. - The clients been on his PC for a while. So far no other complaints about this.

We have the most recent version. If this is going to become an issue - I'd like to get ahead of the curve and have a fix. Is there a fix?

Thanks
    paul hancock

• 6.  RE: Still getting Out-of-order producer completion error after updating to 11.0.1

Posted May 01, 2008 10:18 AM
    I see this thread goes back nearly a year, but I thought someone might like to know I've gotten this popup new today, 5/1/2008. 

I'm running Ghost Console Version 11.0.1.1533.  I believe the client is the same version.

Message Edited by Tommy1981 on 05-01-2008 07:19 AM

• 7.  RE: Still getting Out-of-order producer completion error after updating to 11.0.1

Posted May 02, 2008 01:27 AM
    Hi,

The current build is 1573, which is available via LiveUpdate. Couple of issues in this area is fixed in 1573 together with other improvements.

Even if you don't get this often, it is a good idea to update to 1573.

Krish

• 8.  RE: Still getting Out-of-order producer completion error after updating to 11.0.1

Posted Sep 10, 2008 02:35 AM

Hi,

I also received "Out-of-order producer completion" on a XP-Client today. My Server ist SS2.0.1 Build 1533. LiveUpdate reports that there is no nower version? So how can I update to Build 1573? (FYI: We have a german installation).

- Stefan

• 9.  RE: Still getting Out-of-order producer completion error after updating to 11.0.1

Posted Sep 10, 2008 02:45 AM

Hi, 

Most likely situation is you have already downloaded the liveupdate build. When you liveupdate, it downloads the build to the desktop and give you the option of installing it straight away or do it later. If you select to upgrade later, LU server will not download it again. Could you check in the server if the build is already there?

Krish 

• 10.  RE: Still getting Out-of-order producer completion error after updating to 11.0.1

Posted Sep 10, 2008 03:18 AM

Hi,

I'm sure that no download is available. The Ghost-Server was installed last week, and today I executed LiveUpdate for the first time, and it finished very quickly.

- Stefan

• 11.  RE: Still getting Out-of-order producer completion error after updating to 11.0.1

Posted Sep 11, 2008 04:25 AM

Hi, 

I will check the status of German LU.

Krish