Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Still have 11.0.4202.75 Install packages after upgrade to RU 5

Posted Sep 24, 2009 01:51 PM
     Hello,

I recently upgraded my SEPM Servers to RU 5. However, I still have the old MR 4 MP 2 client packages. 
    I looked in the SEPM folder on the Install CD and it does have new packages there with .dat extensions, but it appears they were not installed during the upgrade. Is there a way I can manually put these in my Console and then put this to be upgraded to clients?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Still have 11.0.4202.75 Install packages after upgrade to RU 5

Posted Sep 24, 2009 01:56 PM

Creating new Client Installation packages in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2007072016360948

• 3.  RE: Still have 11.0.4202.75 Install packages after upgrade to RU 5

Posted Sep 24, 2009 02:32 PM
    Hi,

I hope the above mentioned document helps you. However to add to it, I would like to inform you that, you may have faced this issue because :

1) Either the downloaded SEP RU5 was extracted without Unblocking the files from its properties window.
        This is what we need to do after the downlaod :
    •    Right click on the downloaded Zipped folder for Symantec Endpoint Protection and go to its properties.
    •   You would see Unblock button at the right bottom of that window. Click on it.
    •    Then Click Apply and OK.
    •    Now Extract the same folder by using the extract all option.
    2) Either the downloaded SEP RU5 was not completely downloaded. This may happen in case of slow downloading speed.

However, You can follow the below mentioned Screenshots:

34.JPG

Note: If while Adding the client Package it gives an Error message. You may have to redownlaod the SEP RU5 product.

• 4.  RE: Still have 11.0.4202.75 Install packages after upgrade to RU 5

Posted Sep 24, 2009 02:39 PM
    I have seen the many a times if the packages  don't appear after an install , we just need to run a REPAIR  from add remove prgoram and the packages get created.
    It may be a case of bad install