File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Stop: 0x000000C5

Posted Oct 11, 2011 11:34 AM

Stop: 0x000000C5

Using Universal Server 3.2, PGP Desktop 10.2 - Using Whole Disk Encryption only

The following happens on every computer I have installed WDE on.

Multiple users on the computers.

Full encryption completed, reboot the computer. At the BootGuard user enters passphrase. The Windows XP splash screen appears for 1 to 3 seconds and then the PC blue screens to a Stop: 0x000000C5. The user never reaches the XP desktop.

When I enter the Disk Administrator Passphrase or the WDRT instead of the user logging into BootGuard the computer goes all the way to the XP desktop.

Deleting the user’s PGP Corp folder under their Documents and Settings and re-enrolling doesn’t help. If another user enrolls and they reboot, the new user gets the 0x000000C5 error also.

I must have 300+ laptops encrypted and rolled out within the next 2 months. AIN’T GONNA HAPPEN until this situation is resolved.

This error is appearing on 3 test machines: Fujitsu laptop, Dell laptop, and a Dell desktop. All 3 PC’s have a clean install of XP SP3 with all Windows updates.

The really strange part part is whenever I enter the Disk Administrator Passphrase or the WDRT instead of the user logging into BootGuard the computer goes all the way to the XP desktop. Everytime !

There are no errors listed in the Event viewer nor in the PGP Desktop log.