Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  Struggling to make a key column unique for csv lookup-plugin (Vontu 11.1.1)

Posted Nov 30, 2011 03:44 AM

Hi,

I’m struggling to make a key column unique for csv lookup-plugin.

Since our employee use more than 1 pc, there are many of duplicated email address so if we make ip address and email address unique, there are many rows are missing.

How do you guys usually deal this problem? I guess this would be very common issue for all.

I saw one article that using two ‘CsvLookup.properties’ to use two csv files to be lookuped.

(It didn’t work for me though and Symantec doesn’t support this tweak officially)

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/performing-chained-csv-lookups-different-source-files

Any comment would be appreciated.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Struggling to make a key column unique for csv lookup-plugin (Vontu 11.1.1)

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Nov 30, 2011 06:34 AM

Hi,

It is strange that Symantec told you they doesnt support it, because it is available in official SYMANTEC documentation (Symantec_DLP_11.1_Lookup_Plugin_Guide.pdf).

I  never tested it but do you really need to have a unique value in your csv file or will it give you information of first (last) match ? ( when you create a directory matching group, information must be unique but not sure there is any check on csv plugin)

regards

• 3.  RE: Struggling to make a key column unique for csv lookup-plugin (Vontu 11.1.1)

Posted Nov 30, 2011 09:59 PM

Hi,

I can't find any of two ‘CsvLookup.properties’ is available in the documentation. Where can I find it?

And I guess the key coulmn should be unique(It is mentioned in the document too). If it is not, lookup-plugin would be failed with error or Is there any other way to make it give information of first match without error??

Thank you,

• 4.  RE: Struggling to make a key column unique for csv lookup-plugin (Vontu 11.1.1)

Posted Dec 01, 2011 05:01 AM

Try testing one lookup file / chain at a time. Once you get both working individually / seperately, try chaining them.

However, this may be addressed without chaining as well. Can you elobarate on the original issue?

• 5.  RE: Struggling to make a key column unique for csv lookup-plugin (Vontu 11.1.1)

Posted Dec 01, 2011 05:57 AM
      |   view attached

Thank you for support again. :)

Actually, I've tyied both of them and it works fine when it runs seperately.

I made two csv files that one is for ip address and one is for email address. As I said, it works fine when it runs seperately but if I operate two csv files which is from your article, it seems run fine but it gives me nothing from csv file.

I attatch the related files for information,

Thank you,

Attachment(s)

zip
    CsvLookup_0.zip   4 KB 1 version

• 6.  RE: Struggling to make a key column unique for csv lookup-plugin (Vontu 11.1.1)

Posted Dec 01, 2011 06:18 AM

It may be helpful to leverage a sigle csv file with two keys in the csvlookup.properties file.

eg: keys = emp_email:ip

• 7.  RE: Struggling to make a key column unique for csv lookup-plugin (Vontu 11.1.1)

Posted Dec 01, 2011 07:24 AM

I know about that but problem is if I use two keys for single csv file, then I have to delete so many rows because of duplicated email column and that means I'm also loosing many of ip related rows.

That's why I'm trying to use two csv file.

Thank you.