Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Successful install of SSR 2013 but keep getting error EBAB03F1 when attempting backup to external drive

Created: 28 Jun 2013 • Updated: 29 Jun 2013 | 7 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Successful install of SSR 2013 on 28-June-2013 but keep getting error EBAB03F1 "unable to write to file - the system cannot find the file specified" when attempting backup to external drive.

System is Windows 7 64 bit on HP ProBook 4730s core i7 8GB RAM.

External drive is Seagate 1 TB with 900 GB free space.

Would be most grateful for a solution to this problem! (Previously a very happy Norton Ghost user on Windows XP!)

Operating Systems:

Comments 7 CommentsJump to latest comment

Markus Koestler's picture

USB 2.0 or 3.0 ?

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

Which sector size ?

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

smiffy_oz's picture

Just checked in Computer Management (Disk Management) and it says Basic NTFS – is that any help? (I didn't format the drive, so not sure about sector size)

smiffy_oz's picture

Thank you for your help so far, Markus. It's getting a bit late at night here in Australia, so I'm going to have to log off for the night. Will check back in the morning.

Give this one a try:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag...

Or try to connect the USB drive to an  USB 2.0 port first.

smiffy_oz's picture

I connected the external drive to a USB 2.0 port and then tried the backup. Hey presto! Everything worked fine. The only drawback is that USB 2 is much slower than USB 3 (The backup took 2h 5m with speed set to maximum). Is there any possibility that support for USB 3 will be available in a service release?

Thank you for your help, this makes SSR 2013 an excellent product.

SOLUTION