File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Support for OS X 10.11.3 El Capitan

Posted Jan 31, 2016 10:09 AM

Hey guys, I need some guidance here. I paid for 3 years of PGP updates, money that left my account over a year ago and the entire premise is based on Symantec providing updgrades - El Capitan came out a while ago and the article mentioned only has it as a "request".

I had already accepted the fact that support for new versions of Mac OS would take a few months, but in the past (e.g. Yosemite) at least I had the certainty Symantec was working on it - that does not seem to be the case now.

Here is where the guidance is needed,

a) I would like an update on plans for OS X 10.11.3 compatibillity and please don't refer me to the page that has not been updated in months.

b) if there are no plans to provide compatibility, what about the payment I made for license upgrades? 

• 2.  RE: Support for OS X 10.11.3 El Capitan

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2016 05:26 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately there is still no date for fixing this compatibility issue, but development is working on that so it should be supported sooner or later.

I would suggest you to open a formal case with Symantec Support so you could get more updates. If you subscribed to the mentioned document, you would be emailed if anything has changed in that article.

• 3.  RE: Support for OS X 10.11.3 El Capitan

Posted Feb 25, 2016 08:22 AM

Any updates please Symantec?

• 4.  RE: Support for OS X 10.11.3 El Capitan

Posted Mar 24, 2016 09:28 AM

Any news Symantec support?

• 5.  RE: Support for OS X 10.11.3 El Capitan

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2016 04:26 AM

hi,

at the end of April/beginning of May we should have a new release of Encryption Desktop and support/workaround will be added for El Capitan.

If you didn't open a case with Symantec as suggested before, you can subscribe to this technote so you will receive an automatic notification if something changes to this article (for example the information that the supported version is released):

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.INFO3077.html

• 6.  RE: Support for OS X 10.11.3 El Capitan

Posted May 25, 2016 10:07 PM

Hi there, we are almost at the end of may without any news about a version that supports El Capitan. According to your note, it should be out already

Can you give us an update?

Thanks

• 7.  RE: Support for OS X 10.11.3 El Capitan

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 27, 2016 05:37 AM

Unfortunately, there is again some delay with it. Cannot tell you the date. The best is to subscribe to the technote (https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.INFO3077.html) so the update will be send automatically if something changes.