Video Screencast Help
Scheduled Maintenance: Symantec Connect is scheduled to be down Saturday, April 19 from 10am to 2pm Pacific Standard Time (GMT: 5pm to 9pm) for server migration and upgrades.
Please accept our apologies in advance for any inconvenience this might cause.

SWV 6.1 SP4 (6.2.1562) "Installation ended prematurely because of an error" - Win7 32-bit

Created: 13 Sep 2010 | 2 comments

Hi,

I'm using the latest version of the SWV installation file I could find, which is version 6.2.1562.  My OS is Win7 32-bit.  I've disabled all antivirus software.

When I run the installation with admin privileges (from a command prompt or right-click EXE/run as administrator), it looks like it's about to finish installation... and then I get a dialog with the plain error "Installation ended prematurely because of an error" . 

I couldn't find any installation-specific logs except for the MSI log in the TEMP directory.  In it is the error:

Action 0:08:08: fslxDoInstallProductSecurity.
MSI (s) (98:3C) [00:08:08:504]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=fslxDoInstallProductSecurity,ActionType=3073,Source=BinaryData,Target=fslxDoInstallProductSecurity,CustomActionData=71)
MSI (s) (98:50) [00:08:08:536]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI3736.tmp, Entrypoint: fslxDoInstallProductSecurity
1: FSL2InstallProduct error 1050
CustomAction fslxDoInstallProductSecurity returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
Action ended 0:08:08: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.

Any ideas?  I'd be happy to attach the full MSI log file if that helps

Thanks!

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Pascal KOTTE's picture

I have a similar issue to upgrade XP x86 from SVS 2.1 to SWV 6.3.2059 !

But: previous install SVS 2.1 there...

~Pascal @ Kotte.net~ Do you speak French? Et utilisez Altiris: venez nous rejoindre sur le GUASF

Jordan's picture

yes please attach the MSI log.

If a forum post solves your problem please flag is as the solution