SWV 7.5.522 unable to create Reg entries more than 2 levels deep in GUI
I ran into an issue where I was trying to create several registry keys inside of an already packaged SWV app using the Workspace Admin GUI. It seems that when I try to add a new registry key thats more than one level deep the key either doesn't show up at all (it does show up in the SWV Layer, i.e. HKLM\_SWV_LAYER_1) or registry editor throws an error and won't open the key.
Environment is Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit. I've tested on 3 different systems with the same result.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create empty layer
- Edit and add registry to HKLM\Software\Test
- Activate layer and browse to registry location and key will open
- Deactivate layer and add a subkey so it's like HKLM\Software\Test\TestSub1
- Activate layer and attempt to browse to subkey, registry editor says it can't open/find location
- Create .reg file with entries like above, run from layer cmd.exe and do reg import of .reg file. Keys will now open fine.
I've attached screenshots showing how to reproduce the issue.