Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Antivirus 10.2 for MACs

Posted Sep 23, 2009 12:09 PM
    My company recently switched from McAfee to SEP.  The setup on the Windows side went off without any major issues, however we have a couple concerns on the SAV 10.2 for MAC client.

We have installed and Administrative server for our MACs on a MAC OS10 Server and installed the client package on all our MAC clients.  However they are not updating automatically.  I understand that you can setup automated updating on the client through the Symantec Scheduler, however we would like to configure these options on the Administrative server instead.

At this point I cannot find any options to do so on the Administrative server.  Is this possible? Or do we need to just create the schedule on all our clients?

I have the same question about scheduled scans.

Filing this under Endpoint Protection because I do not see a forum specifically for the MAC software

• 2.  RE: Symantec Antivirus 10.2 for MACs

Posted Sep 23, 2009 01:12 PM
     SAV for MAC cannot be administred from SEPM ( SEP Manager ) or SSC 10.x
    Its better to configure SYmantec LIveupdate Scheduler for MAC clients.

• 3.  RE: Symantec Antivirus 10.2 for MACs
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 23, 2009 03:00 PM
    The managed Mac environment is a little different from the Windows managed environment.  Clients do not install with a default schedule for either updating or scanning.  They will also update by contacting Symantec LiveUpdate servers.

This document outlines the process for setting up a managed environment, from setting up an internal LU server on your Mac server, to scheduling scans and Live Update, to setting up preferences on clients.

Title: 'Installing and configuring Symantec AntiVirus for Macintosh Corporate Edition for the first time'
    Document ID: 2008072115414048
    > Web URL: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2008072115414048

I hope this helps.

sandra

ps. Yes, there is no Mac-specific forum.  You are in the right place. :)

• 4.  RE: Symantec Antivirus 10.2 for MACs

Posted Sep 25, 2009 05:16 PM
    Thank you that is exactly what I needed.

• 5.  RE: Symantec Antivirus 10.2 for MACs

Posted Sep 25, 2009 06:16 PM
    You're welcome! =)

sandra

• 6.  RE: Symantec Antivirus 10.2 for MACs

Posted Oct 08, 2009 04:50 PM
    From this point forward, I'll be updating the following post, rather than chasing down the 4-5 threads and updating them individually.  Thanks!

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/sav-macintosh-snow-leopard-compatibility-update

sandra