Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Migration User

Migration UserSep 09, 2009 09:45 AM

Migration User

Migration UserSep 24, 2009 06:22 PM

Migration User

Migration UserOct 07, 2009 12:35 PM

• 1.  Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Sep 04, 2009 11:12 PM
    hi everyone!!!

this version of symantec gives me an error that says "code 10" i cant even enable symantec antivirus even after updating it wont enable!!!!! XD why???

cant symantec make an update or patch to fix this annoying bug!!!!!! oh i also keep trying to uninstall and reinstall symantec antivirus and wont work!!!! just says that annoying message "code 10" every time i login on my mac mini!!!!!

hope this helps please let me know if any one found an update or patch!!!!!!
    have a great week everyone!!!!!!

Sincerely,
    Dan L

• 2.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Sep 06, 2009 07:36 PM
    Unfortunately, when I just upgraded my MAC to OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard, the Norton AntiVirus was moved to "incompatible software," thus, in effect, making the recent purchase USELESS.    Now that I have no NOrton protection and Norton has no patch, then:

1. Will I get an extension of my subscription for the number of lost months?

2. Will I get a refund?

When will there be a patch and free download to make Norton usable.  I've only had Norton for 3 months of my year, and now it's useless.

Thanks

Diana

• 3.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Sep 08, 2009 05:07 AM
    hi,
    thanks for the response i hope semantic antivirus and Norton antivirus will come out with patch's or updates to fix this bug snow!!!!

have a great week everyone!!!

Sincerely,
    Dan

• 4.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Sep 08, 2009 05:04 PM
    Greetings Dan and Diana,

I don't have news about when Snow Leopard compatibility will be available for either consumer (Norton Antivirus) or corporate (Symantec Antivirus).  I'm very sorry for the frustration this is causing.  Believe me, when we have more information we will let you all know.

I did want to provide a link to a removal utility that can more effectively remove the kernel extensions, etc. than the uninstaller on the disk will do in this situation.

Title: 'Removing Symantec programs for Macintosh by using the RemoveSymantecMacFiles removal utility'
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2007661309063498

This utility will work for both SAV and NAV.

Thanks,
    sandra

• 5.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Sep 09, 2009 05:08 AM
     hi,
    thanks so much for your  response!!!
    please do inform to our conversation when you have fix these bugs for Symantec!!! cant wait for Symantec to run in snow leopard!!!!! :)

Sincerely,
    Dan

thanks Symantec!!!!!!

• 6.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Sep 09, 2009 09:45 AM
    This content was removed due to duplicate posting.

• 7.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Sep 09, 2009 09:45 AM
    I am deeply dissappointed with the lack of support with my Symantec antivirus s/w with my Mac OS 10.6.  I count on Symantec to provide me the peace of mind that my system will not be impacted by a new virus but I am now left questioning my platform decision.  I will also be seeking a subscription allowance to make up for this gap in coverage and if some new virus comes out and impacts the mac users, that may lead to a mass exodus from Symanec to another provider.

LP

• 8.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Sep 09, 2009 02:02 PM
    I have the same issues. I get Code 10, unable to uninstall, even with the Removal utility. After I used the removal utility, the NAV still comes out to scan disks and so forth. The shortcuts in the system settings panel, never goes away. Reinstalling did not solve the issue. I can not turn Airport off, not sure if this is related to NAV.  This is frustrating. 

• 9.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Sep 09, 2009 03:24 PM
    Just to verify, were you using RemoveSymantecMacFiles to uninstall?  If not, please obtain it at the link I posted above.  If so, let me know too, because it should work without issue.

sandra

• 10.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Sep 09, 2009 06:59 PM
    osx64 or snow leopard running SAV v10.2 is also hard to remove basically i had back up everything from my mac mini and just reinstall snow leopard!!!

two of the cool things about mac os is, one they have no registry that means you can basically just copy all your important
    applications, and two they do not require any CD key to install a version of mac os!!!!!!

hope every one is having a good week!!!  please do inform Symantec about these issues!!! They will fix it!!!!! :)

Sincerely,
    Dan

Thanks Symantec!!!!!

• 11.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Sep 11, 2009 11:02 PM
     I wanted to chime in, I'm receiving a similar error.  Upon logging in, I get 5 identical code 10 error windows that all pop up.  Then, usually if I jump right into Safari, I get a few more.  Only an annoyance, except that this probably means at least some of my (corporate) Symantec 10.2.1 AV isn't operating.

A bit disappointing, because if they can't handle an OS update that's been in the news for nearly a year, then how can they handle viruses?  And isn't it a big breach of security to have the software not working, or even if it is to have it generating errors that may make users uneasy?  Uneasy users uninstall, or fiddle trying to fix things, etc.

I'm going to try to follow this topic to see if any resolution is posted soon.  In the meantime, I'm going to pressure my organization to consider buying an alternative AV package.  Try to hit Peter Norton where it hurts, in the wallet!

• 12.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Sep 14, 2009 05:36 PM
    The following document will be updated when additional information is available...

Title: 'Compatibility with Symantec AntiVirus for Macintosh 10.x and Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard'
    Document ID: 2009081911000448
    > Web URL: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2009081911000448

In a nutshell, we do not unfortunately have an ETA for an update for SAV for Mac (corporate).  NAV for Mac (consumer) will have a compatibility release in 'mid-September' (probably some time this week, but no exact ETA).  We are investigating short-term solutions to bridge the difference between these two availabilities.  Any further updates will be posted to the document I referenced above.

Thanks,
    sandra

ps. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Norton  =)

• 13.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Sep 15, 2009 10:17 PM
    Does Symantec have an email list for OS X 10.6 users to let us know when a patch or update becomes available? I do not fault Symantec for the delay, but on the other hand I do not want to have to manually check for an update every week. If I could simply sign up to be notified by email when there is a compatibility patch, it would ease my frustration tremendously.

Cheers,

Chris

• 14.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Sep 16, 2009 10:07 AM

There is no specific Mac list, but what you can do is sign up for email bulletins via this page:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/news_bulletins/index.jsp

Choose Security Products, then from the new window / tab that opens, I would check "Antivirus for Desktop/Server" and "Macintosh Products". 

I will also post to the forums when there's a release.  (Someone may even beat me to it. :) )

sandra

• 15.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Sep 16, 2009 06:55 PM

I just wanted to post a quick update that the update for NAV for Snow Leopard compability, 11.0.3, should now be available via LiveUpdate.  (The reason I say 'should' is: I was able to update my test install, but replication to the different LiveUpdate servers may not be complete.)

Current NAV customers need only launch LiveUpdate for product updates (Update Everything Now would work) to get this update.  If the file was moved to the Incompatible Software folder during the OS upgrade, you may need to remove (using the RemoveSymantecMacFiles) and reinstall NAV, then run LiveUpdate right away.

More information as I get it, for SAV customers.

sandra

• 16.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Sep 17, 2009 11:46 AM

Another quick update.  For those of you who are SAV for Mac (corporate) users in need of Snow Leopard compatibility, we now have something that can bridge the gap until an inline solution for SAV is ready. 

If you have a case open with Support already, the technician that owns your case should be contacting you soon with details.

If you do not have a case open with Support yet for this issue, please log one, either via your local support number (http://www.symantec.com/business/support/contact_techsupp_static.jsp), or via MySupport (http://mysupport.symantec.com).

Thanks again for your patience.

sandra

• 17.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Sep 24, 2009 03:43 PM
    I tried to get the update, but they just gave me a canned asnwer

As of the moment Symantec is still developing Symantec Anti-virus for Macintosh compatible with Snow Leopard OS for Enterprise rather than Norton AntiVirus 11 for Mac which is under Symantec Consumer products and there are none yet for enterprise use.

Please contact our sales department for further assistance at: 1800 745 6054
    Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific.

• 18.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Sep 24, 2009 06:22 PM
    PM me your case number.

sandra

• 19.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Sep 26, 2009 11:58 AM
    Hi Sandra
    I'm a 11.0 NAV user (Italian version) running Snow Leopard.
    As you reccommended I tried liveupdate (update all) but NAV version was not updated to 11.0.3.
    So I run the uninstall package BUT this removed all NAV apps INCLUDING liveupdate  so now I dont know now how I can get 11.0.3 downloaded (can't find  any link in yr support pages...).
    Please help...
    thanks
    Franco

• 20.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Sep 28, 2009 10:35 AM
    I will check into this for you, but I'm pretty sure the update is available for everyone.

Likely what you will want to do is reinstall from your disk or your download, then run LiveUpdate until there are no more updates to get.  If you have anything NAV related within an Incompatible Software folder, you will want to move that to the Trash.

Thanks,
    sandra

• 21.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Sep 28, 2009 11:27 AM
    I was mistaken--unfortunately, the localized version's update is not yet available.  I should have more information in a few days' time.  Thanks for your patience!

sandra

• 22.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Oct 07, 2009 12:35 PM
    any news?

• 23.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

• 24.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Oct 07, 2009 01:22 PM
    I apologize--I seem to no longer be getting forum updates to threads I'm subscribed to, so this thread got lost in the shuffle.  I hope to have some information later today.  Thanks again.

sandra

• 25.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Oct 07, 2009 05:50 PM

To follow up here, I was advised to suggest you browse the consumer forum via this address, and search for "Italian":
    http://community.norton.com/norton/board?board.id=norton_mac

I hope this helps!

sandra

• 26.  RE: Symantec Antivirus v10.2 not working on osx64 or snow leopard!!!!

Posted Oct 08, 2009 04:43 PM
    From this point forward, I'll be updating the following post, rather than chasing down the 4-5 threads and updating them individually.  Thanks!

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/sav-macintosh-snow-leopard-compatibility-update

sandra