Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec AV Corporate Edition 10.x Support in Server 2008 Hyper-V

Posted Nov 18, 2008 09:12 AM

Hi,

I am working on a virtualisation project and need to verify if Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 10.x is supported by Symantec when running as a Hyper-V guest virtual machine? This is for both the SAV client and SAV server components when installed onto supported Operating Systems that run as virtual machines. Any links so I can use this for validation would be welcomed.

• 2.  RE: Symantec AV Corporate Edition 10.x Support in Server 2008 Hyper-V

Posted Nov 18, 2008 11:12 AM
    Client works, server doesn't. I have tested with w2k8 32/64bit full and core in Vmware.

• 3.  RE: Symantec AV Corporate Edition 10.x Support in Server 2008 Hyper-V

Posted Nov 18, 2008 11:31 AM

Think you may have miss understood so I will try to explain better.

I need to verify that Symantec AV Corporate edition 10.x is supported by Symantec in the event of any problems if it is running in a hyper-v virtual machine (On a Windows 2003 guest OS for example).

Whereby if we call up support and they ask "Is this running as a virtual machine?" and we say "yes" they then reply "Sorry our application is not supported running in a virtual environment" and we are then screwed :(

As part of determining if a server or application is suitable for virtualisation one aspect of validation is to verify if it is supported as a virtual machine guest in Hyper-V.