Video Screencast Help

Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R2 not taking backup of copied files in Linux Agent

Created: 10 Sep 2013 | 1 comment

Recently we have purchased 3 Linux agent for symantec Backup Exec 2010R2. As disucussed with symantec Technical support engineer they shared that

Archiving Mode will work for Windows and Modified Time will work for linux. So I have configured a Full backup of Modified Time in policy and completed sucessfully. But for checking the Incremental backup i just copied some file to the folder and modified some files and run Incremental. But my modification files are completed and not the copied files. I checked and found that the copied files date and time are old date and time when were files created. But modified files date has been updated to latest date and time. So when i run the incremental modified files are incremented and not the copied files.

Comments: We first run fullbackup and do the incremental backup for another 3months. After 3months only we will again run the Fullbackup.

Note: We are using EMC backup client Retrospect and there its working fine no issues. But we facing only in symantec.

Can anyone have the solution for my issue. I am expecting symantec to address this issue, since we are in epublishing company we cannot go and modify each files to change the datee and time.

Operating Systems:

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

lmosla's picture

Hello,

Was the copied file a part of the selection list?  Here is a good discussion of The Modified Time method:(See Kiram Bandi's explanation) 

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec...