Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec DLP v14.5 - Monitor all emails sent from browser and outlook and other mail applications

Posted Aug 11, 2016 08:07 AM

Hello,

I am using Symantec DLP v14.5.

I have license for Endpoint Prevent

I want to monitor emails which are sent through browser and outlook and other mail applications like Windows mail and Mac mail.

Can anyone guide me to build policy.

I have made a policy, it is monitoring mails sent through outlook but not monitoring mails sent through browser application.

• 2.  RE: Symantec DLP v14.5 - Monitor all emails sent from browser and outlook and other mail applications
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 11, 2016 10:31 AM

Hello Keval,

Just some tips to get you started...

If your policy is capable to detect incidents probably you are just missing to activate the correct channels in the Agent Configuration.

First go to System/Agents/ Agent Configuration and select the configuration you are using. Then confirm that you have selected all Web channels (Firefox, Chrome, etc.).

Secondly, for non-native supported DLP applications that might be used to send e-mail (e.g. mozilla thunderbird) you will need to add them manually in the Application Monitoring list. And then activate the Application File Access in the Agent config channels (as done in first step).

Don’t forget to add the AFA as detection as well.. and to allocate response rules to the detection.

Regards,

Morgado

• 3.  RE: Symantec DLP v14.5 - Monitor all emails sent from browser and outlook and other mail applications

Posted Aug 21, 2016 11:48 AM

Hi  Morgado

Can  you  help  out  ,  I am in process of Learning Data Loss Prevention ver 14,  Can you provide administration videos    for  the  overall .

of DLP .

Thanks

S K Datta

• 4.  RE: Symantec DLP v14.5 - Monitor all emails sent from browser and outlook and other mail applications

Posted Aug 25, 2016 03:33 AM
    Hello S Datta, Go to https://education.symantec.com/ and subscribe (for free) in the DLP Symantec courses. They are very helpful. Regards