Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Symantec End Point - Error 1324. The path My Documents contains an invalid character

• 1.  Symantec End Point - Error 1324. The path My Documents contains an invalid character

Posted Jun 26, 2009 08:20 AM

There are quite a few references to this issue, however, I'm not finding any one solution that actually works.  Installed End Point 11.0.4000.2295. It seems to be working. I can do a search and locate an unmanaged client. When I try and push the end point client install when gives the message "computing space requirements" it comes up with Error 1324. The path My Documents contains an invalid character.

• 2.  RE: Symantec End Point - Error 1324. The path My Documents contains an invalid character

Posted Jun 26, 2009 08:49 AM
    Hi,

Please check the following link which explains the troubleshooting for the above mentioned issue.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2007120313095048

• 3.  RE: Symantec End Point - Error 1324. The path My Documents contains an invalid character

Posted Jun 26, 2009 10:28 AM
    Thanks! Using the directions from that link, I don't see any Teefer2 driver. 

Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Network Connections.
    Right-click a connection.
    In the dialog, click Properties.
    Disable the Teefer2 Driver option by removing the checkmark
    -- or --
    Select Teefer2 Driver and click Uninstall. 

• 4.  RE: Symantec End Point - Error 1324. The path My Documents contains an invalid character

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2009 10:37 AM
    hi,
    open the properties of the LAN connection, under general tab you will see teefer2 , uncheck teefer2.

let know us if it fixes your issue?

cheers
    Pete

• 5.  RE: Symantec End Point - Error 1324. The path My Documents contains an invalid character

Posted Jun 26, 2009 10:38 AM
    Not yet came acroos such issue but i also found the same Doccuments on internet

• 6.  RE: Symantec End Point - Error 1324. The path My Documents contains an invalid character

Posted Jun 26, 2009 10:43 AM
    Thanks but I've tried right clicking on the Local Area Connection and selecting properties on both the server and the client. and the options that are available:
    client for ms networks
    qos packet scheduler
    file and pritnt sharing
    hp net config utility
    ip protocol version 6
    ip protocol version 4
    link layer topo discovery
    link layer topo responded

A few of these options have properties but when I click on the properties, none of them have a Teeefer2  entry??

• 7.  RE: Symantec End Point - Error 1324. The path My Documents contains an invalid character

Posted Jun 26, 2009 10:54 AM
    After reading ur comment i have been through the steps and failed to get that Teefer2 option. I guess something wrong.

• 8.  RE: Symantec End Point - Error 1324. The path My Documents contains an invalid character

Posted Jun 26, 2009 02:50 PM
    If I do not have the ports enabled or opened up correctly, could that cause this issue?

• 9.  RE: Symantec End Point - Error 1324. The path My Documents contains an invalid character

Posted Jul 17, 2009 03:36 AM
    See if this document can help installaing Symantec endpoint protection
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894510

• 10.  RE: Symantec End Point - Error 1324. The path My Documents contains an invalid character
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 17, 2009 05:55 AM
    In Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
    In the right pane, note the values in the Data field of each entry. If any value contains a drive that is not correct for your computer, right-click the entry, type c:\my documents in the Value data box, and then click OK.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

On the right hand side right-click and modify the value of "CommonFilesDir" to C:\Program Files\Common Files.

However if your My Documents is Mapped to something else you do not have to make changes this issue has been fixed in MR4MP2
    You can directly install SEP even if your directory is mapped to some other computer or drive.