Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Endpoint 11.0.5 ISSUE

Posted Dec 15, 2011 09:11 AM

I have recently purchased a IBM server with windwos 2008 R2 OS , this server is being used a files server. Yester day i installed Symantec end point protection v11.0.5 , after this installation of symantec i found that many of the acad files in my server are gone missing 

Also the files disappear randomly. what could be reason . my system fellow say that the problem is with symantec only.

can some one explain and give me solution for this problem 

Regards

Sivaprakasam

• 2.  RE: Symantec Endpoint 11.0.5 ISSUE

Posted Dec 15, 2011 09:24 AM

Moving to SEP forums for better visiblity.

• 3.  RE: Symantec Endpoint 11.0.5 ISSUE

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Dec 15, 2011 09:48 AM

Hello,

It is important to Let you know, if Symantec Endpoint Protection is deleting certain files, then you could check the Logs within the SEP client as below:

1) Start the SEP client Installed

2) Click on View Logs

3) Under Antivirus and AntiSpyware Click on "View Logs" and Click on "Risk Logs."

Do you see any Risk being detected by Symantec Endpoint Protection??

4) Under ProActive Threat Protection Click on "View Logs" and Click on "Threat Logs."

Do you see any Suspicous Threats being detected by Symantec Endpoint Protection??

If yes, please let us know what are those being detected as.

Again, you have installed a older version of Symantec Endpoint Protection on your machine. It is always advisable to use the Latest version of Symantec Endpoint Protection on your machines. The Latest version of Symantec Endpoint Protection is 11.0.7101 and Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.1000

About Maintaining Consistency of Software Versions throughout a SEP 11 Organization

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH131660

Release notes for Endpoint Protection and Network Access Control 11

Hope that helps!!

• 4.  RE: Symantec Endpoint 11.0.5 ISSUE

Posted Dec 20, 2011 06:20 PM

Just a reminder that Windows Server 2008 R2 is a 64-bit OS.  Make sure you are using the 64-bit version of the software.