Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Endpoint 12.0 Virus Updates conflict with Symantec Mail security updates

Posted Mar 02, 2011 01:37 AM

Dear all

I've Exchange Server with Symantec Mail security 6.5 & symantec endpoint small buissness 12.0 Client installed ..I notice that the virus defnition for Endpoint Takes the same release & date for the Mail security not the Endpoint Server update.And also if the Endpoint takes new update same thing happening for the mail security ..is there any conflict between the two productes Virus Definition updates ? how to slove that?

• 2.  RE: Symantec Endpoint 12.0 Virus Updates conflict with Symantec Mail security updates

Posted Mar 02, 2011 07:30 AM

there is a known conflict, change the liveupdate schedule not to run at the same time.

Mail Security for Exchange: There are no known problems with the install however Mail Security should be configured to not run liveupdate. This will cause it to use the same definitions as the Endpoint product eliminating definition corruption caused by both updating at the same time.

Addressing Symantec Endpoint Protection compatibility issues

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/2326c6a13572aeb788257363002b62aa/32ae1329f02e2646882573de007d0c59?OpenDocument

• 3.  RE: Symantec Endpoint 12.0 Virus Updates conflict with Symantec Mail security updates

Posted Mar 03, 2011 08:39 AM

sorry . it's not a solution since the EP takes the latest update from Symantec Mail security also . why 2 products from Symantec are in conflict in there defintion updates I can't understand that  

• 4.  RE: Symantec Endpoint 12.0 Virus Updates conflict with Symantec Mail security updates

Posted Mar 03, 2011 01:09 PM

they got store the virus defs in the same place and use the same defs, thats y the conflict is..

its in shared folder...shared between comman application of symantec..thats a known issue..