Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.06 to 12.1

Posted Jun 26, 2012 09:27 AM

We have an old install of 11.x where most of our clients are Symantec EP 11.06. I have installed a new 12.1 RU1 MP1 server and its is working fine. But after looking at the different ways I can upgrade the clients, I want to change the sylink location and let the client update automatically. I use the sylinkreplacer.exe tool and it switches the clients over to our new SEPM 12.1 server just fine, but the client will not upgrade to 12.1. I have 2 install packages, one for 32bit and the other 64bit. I have checked all the options to update. I verified that if a client has 12.1 RTM, 12.1.671.4971, and I place them in the group with an updated install package of RU1 MP1, they get the upgrade automatically.

Is it known if we can do this? If I push the update out, that seems to work fine, but with as many clients as we have, it would be nice to use the scheduler in the update to span the updates over a 2 or 3 day window.

• 2.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.06 to 12.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2012 09:29 AM

let know if this information helps

Upgrading clients by using AutoUpgrade

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO55058

• 3.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.06 to 12.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2012 09:48 AM

Hi,

Check this article

Upgrade clients to SEP 12.1 by Auto upgrade feature

http://bit.ly/HrwXOK

• 4.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.06 to 12.1

Posted Jun 26, 2012 02:58 PM

Thanks for the reply Chetan. But, I have tried this and it will not upgrade a machine from 11.x to 12.1. I have tried on 3 different PCs, Windows 7 32bit, 64bit and Windows XP 32bit.

On the SEP on the PCs, we do have firewall policies. I have added the IP address of the new SEPM server to have SEPM access. I wonder if I should just allow all ports accessible from the the new SEPM IP address???

• 5.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.06 to 12.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2012 03:07 PM

Hi,

Try this i.e while doing upgrade reset server-client communication settings.

On the SEP on the PCs, we do have firewall policies. I have added the IP address of the new SEPM server to have SEPM access. I wonder if I should just allow all ports accessible from the the new SEPM IP address???

--> If it's Symantec firwall, no further action is required.