Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 available on fileconnect.

Created: 05 Jul 2011 • Updated: 05 Jul 2011 | 48 comments
sezam's picture

From 1h every customer who has license for Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 can download the newest version of Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.

Please remember that sometimes it will take few hours to have Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 available on you fileconnect account.

Do no be worry about that. Until tomorrow every Symantec Endpoint Protection customer should have possibility to download it.

Comments 48 CommentsJump to latest comment

Chetan Savade's picture

Hi,

Both Enterprize Edition and Small Business Edition will be available ?

Chetan Savade
Sr.Technical Support Engineer, Endpoint Security
Enterprise Technical Support
CCNA | CCNP | MCSE | SCTS |

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helps you.<

pradip_sisodiya's picture

Dear,

I require free trail link of donloading  SEP 12.1 becuase i have no licnese so i m not able to use fileconnect.

MaRRuT@CC's picture

Think so! Because both are already available =)

MaRRuT@CC's picture

Optional you can use our niwis Server@ niwis.com for downloading the newest Version.
(account required)

Mithun Sanghavi's picture

Hello,

A Kind Note: Symantec Endpoint Protection is a Licensed Product.

So once migrated to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1, make sure you have the License Installed.

Here are few Documents for the Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1, 

1) Upgrading and migrating to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1

2) Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: Installing the Manager for the first time and deploying clients

3) Steps to prepare computers to install Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 client

4) Activating your Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 product license

5) Downloading a license file

Hope this helps all !!!!

Mithun Sanghavi
Senior Consultant
MIM | MCSA | MCTS | STS | SSE | SSE+ | ITIL v3

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.

Geneviere's picture

Hi!

Good Day!

I am running SEP 11.0 RU5(110.05002.333) now on more than 500 clients. I am planning to upgrade to SEP 12.1.

Here are the some of the details:

Server OS: Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP1.

SEPM version: 11.0.5002.333

Any recommendations before I start to upgrade to SEP 12.1?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much. 

-Geneviere-

Mithun Sanghavi's picture

Hello,

Just make sure you make a few checks on read these 3 Articles:

1) System Requirements for Symantec Endpoint Protection, Enterprise and Small Business Editions, and Network Access Control 12.1

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH163806

2) Upgrading and migrating to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH163602

3) Planning for Migration to Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH162730

4) How to upgrade your SEP11 license to SEP12 online

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-upgrade-your-sep11-license-sep12-online

Migration detects and migrates installations of the following Symantec legacy virus protection software:

• Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 9.x and 10.x.
• Symantec Client Security 2.x and 3.x
• Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 12.0
• Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.x *
• Symantec Sygate Enterprise Protection *
• Symantec AntiVirus for Mac *

* Legacy products marked with asterisk cannot be migrated to Small Business Edition. Also, you may migrate from a Small Business Edition to Enterprise version, but not the reverse.

NOTE: Migration of Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 11 RU7 to 12.1 will not be supported until 12.1 RU1 (Client upgrades are OK).

You may skip migration of legacy products as follows: Uninstall the legacy software from your computers. During Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager installation, cancel the migration option. After initial product installation, use Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager to adjust the group settings and policy settings, then deploy the Symantec Endpoint Protection client to the unprotected legacy computers.

I am sure these articles would help you!!!

Mithun Sanghavi
Senior Consultant
MIM | MCSA | MCTS | STS | SSE | SSE+ | ITIL v3

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.

Srikanth_Subra's picture

Hi,

the links you mentioned is not going to the correct page..then another doubt..really the full version of symantec endpoint 12.1 released or only the beta version..if u confirm means i will start upgrading at my site..please convey na??

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.S

"Defeat the Defeat before the Defeat Defeats you"
(Swami Vivekananda)

Paul Murgatroyd's picture

Before everyone starts posting it isn't available for them, please be aware that it may take some time for all accounts to gain access to SEP12.  If it isn't listed for you yet, please try again in a few hours.

thanks

Paul Murgatroyd
Principal Product Manager, Symantec Endpoint Protection
Endpoint twitter feed: http://twitter.com/symc_endpoint

MaRRuT@CC's picture

Sorry Paul,

I'll try to cool down all the people out there! =)

Marty Kuklinski's picture

Does anyone know if there is a compare sheet for SEP12 vs. Forefront?  We currently have SEP and I have been given the task of evaluation Forefront.

thedominion's picture

We're licensed for 4000 clients and have multiple individually managed sites.  Will the same license file work for all?

**Update**

Symantec Support stated that one license file can be used on multiple servers up to your license limit.

stephan_'s picture

Hi, if i am correct, this version is english only, is there a timeframe for relase of localized versions?

Or can i upgrade my german SEPM with this download and manually import german clients when the german version is released?

nhej-'s picture

As of now, the download for SEP 12.1 in fileconnect is only for English. There is still no update to when the download for other languages be release.

Cheers!
"Those who Appreciate Quality Enjoy it Responsibly"
---------------:)---------------------------

nhej-'s picture

You should use the serial number for SEP 12.1 in fileconnect.symantec.com. SEP 12.1 is already availabel.

Cheers!

dpeters11's picture

The only serial number I have is for Protection Suite Enterprise 3 with a current subscription. I used that serial number, and figured when I didn't see it, I just needed to wait. Are you saying we need to use a specific serial number for 12.1 to download it? 

nhej-'s picture

If you haveSymantec Protection Suite, you should use the serial number for version 4.0, it will provide you the download for SEP 12.1.If you want to get the serial number for protection suite 4.0, you may call Licensing Team 1-800-721-3934 option 2.

Cheers!

dpeters11's picture

I figured it out, at least to that point. Looks like our licenses are spread across at least 3 slf files and 2 customer numbers though. 

thatdude's picture

Does this mean we need to go to the licensing portal and upgrade to 12.1 (Get a license key for an upgrade)? If we do this can we still use SEP 11? What if you have multiple listings for SEP 11 because different amounts of licenses were purchased seperately? Do i need licenses for each one and do I enter all 3 into the SEP 12.1 console?

Marty Kuklinski's picture

Check license number get this:

Product (SKU):   SYMC ENDPOINT PROTECTION 12.1 PER USER I/O ESSENTIAL 12 MONTHS (0E7IOZZ0-EI1I0)

Check go to software and it only shows SEP 11 product, what am I doing wrong?

Jason1222's picture

I have a serial number for SEP 11.x

I have gone through the licensing portal and have not received (according to the website) any notifications for upgrading and/or changing serial numbers for upgrading to SEP 12.1.

All it says is:

"The serial number you entered does not require a key. You may continue registering this license but you will not receive a license key.This license can be registered with other licenses for this product. If you would like to register multiple licenses for this product, please enter the serial number and click the 'Add' button."

nhej-'s picture

Hi jason,

The serial number for SEP 11.0 will not generate a license file thats the reason why you have receiverd that message in the licensing Portal. Its better if you wjill call Licensing Team for you to get the serial #s for the SEP 12.1 upgrade.

Cheers!

Marty/Jason

Can you PM me your license keys you are using on the portal today please, we will check them out.

thanks

Paul Murgatroyd

Hi All,

So for those of you that have figured it out, well done :-)

For those still wondering how to get access to SEP12 with a SEP11 license key, the simple answer is you can't.  You need to upgrade that license key to a SEP12 license key.

In most cases, you can do that online and I have put the steps in an article here:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/h...

If after following those steps, you are still having problems acessing SEP12, please post back here.

thanks!

Paul Murgatroyd

Geneviere's picture

Thanks a lot Paul! smiley Your link was very helpful.

I can already download SEp12.1 now.

Cheers!

Srikanth_Subra's picture

Hi,

In my file connect site..ii havent received any files for this..

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.S

(Swami Vivekananda)

Srikanth_Subra's picture

How much time it will take to reflect in my file connect account to get symantec 12 software

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth.S

(Swami Vivekananda)

anthonymel's picture

I have two serial numbers associated with EPP 11.x with different quantities, 100 and 400.  When I went to upgrade it only saw one and gave me 100 licenses for 12.1. However, I have 500 in total.  How do I get it to know about the other 400?

believer's picture

@ANTHONYMEL:

You need to use the serial number for 400qty to obtain the remaining 400 licenses.

believer's picture

@ANTHONYMEL:

You need to use the serial number for 400qty to obtain the remaining 400 licenses.

anthonymel's picture

Where do I do that?  Because right now when I search by customer ID I find the upgrade and it only gives me 100 qty based on that one serial.  If I try to enter the serial for 400 qty in the manager console it throws an error about serial not being validated.

Maybe the upgrade is not ready for the other 400qty?

mthorpe's picture

Once the license key is upgraded is it possible to still download the  SEP 11 and the existing products available at present?

MaRRuT@CC's picture

Alot of support & how-to aticles are available on symantec homepage.
Let's return to the topic SEP 12.1 release!

and I agree with the most that the symantec fileconnect/licensing Portal could be better... =)

Btw... Tamper Protection seems to be pretty hard in SEP12.1 Alot of notifictions we've got so far. But the system is running smooth and proper. No bigger Probs at all with it.

Installed already on:

Win7 x86/x64
WinXP x86
WinSrv2003 x86
WinSrv2008R2
WinSrv 2011 SBS

thedominion's picture

I've followed the directions yesterday by,

1. Logging into License Portal and requesting and recieiving SEP 12.1 License Key File

2. Clicking "Get Software" results in an "Unable to process" error message.

3. Today when I select "Get  Software" I am redirected to File Connect but version 12.1 is not there?

I saw that too.. don't click the link.

Instead, copy your new serial number and then manually visit https://fileconnect.symantec.com and put the new key in - you should then get access.

Paul Murgatroyd

ixtlanian's picture

SEP 11 downloads on FileConnect included Symantec Endpoint Recovery Tool (most recent version 2.0.24).

SEP 12.1 does not have it. There is a disk with Tools and Documentation, but it does not seem to have the Recovery Tool.

Any update on the fate of Symantec Endpoint Recovery Tool would be appreciated.

yadav.hukam@gmail.com's picture

HI,

I have SEPM 11.0 version with me but i my licenses is not showing me SEPM 12.1 Version for download.

How can i get the newer version of SEPM, Pls suggest.

Hukam

yadav.hukam@gmail.com's picture

I am the Symantec Protection Suite 3.0 licensed customer. Can i download Altris,SEPM 12.1, Workflow??

Hukam

SolarisMaestro's picture

You can download SEP 12.1 by obtaining the upgrade for your SPS 4.0. If you don't have the version upgrade notification, you can also upgrade your SPS 3.0 on the licensing portal.

Thank you for marking as a solution if you felt this response met your needs!

Dushan Gomez's picture

Where is the release notes ?

I want to know the difference between 11.0.6 and this 12.1 if available ?

Dushan Gomez
IT Manager
VCP 4 and 5 | MCITP Exchange Server | MCTS SharePoint Server | MCP Windows XP

SolarisMaestro's picture

Release Notes for Symantec Endpoint Protection, Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition, Symantec Network Access Control 12.1

Thank you for marking as a solution if you felt this response met your needs!