Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Endpoint Protection Client version 12.1.2 stopping Windows 7 migration useing Microsoftdeployment tool kit 2012

Posted Jun 20, 2013 10:54 AM

Greetings Everyone,

I am Migrating from  Win7 to Win8 useing SCCM 2007 .I have Symantec endpoint protection 12.1.2 version installed through out the organization from Symantec server.When I run the scripts the Symantec end point is stoping or blocking the Scripts .This is causing the trouble for me to successfully migrate from win7 to win8.The enterprize admin expecting solution or wor around for this with out stoping symantec protection service in organization. 

I request any techinal expert to help me as I am a very new to sort out the issue and it will be a very big issue for me in my carrier starting if i cannot provide a solution .So I kindly request experts to help me out to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards

N.V.Srinivas,

+91-8985966259,

vedadri_nvs@hotmail.com.

• 2.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection Client version 12.1.2 stopping Windows 7 migration useing Microsoftdeployment tool kit 2012

Posted Jun 20, 2013 10:56 AM

Check the Risk log to see if the AV component is stopping it. You may need to add an exception for the scripts to run.

Also check the Threat log under Proactive Threat Protection to see if anything is there as well.

• 3.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection Client version 12.1.2 stopping Windows 7 migration useing Microsoftdeployment tool kit 2012

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jun 20, 2013 02:45 PM

Hello,

In your case, it is not recommended to have the Symantec Endpoint Protection installed on the machine while migration of Operating System.

I would recommend you to uninstall SEP product and then follow the OS Migration steps. Once the OS is migrated, you may then reinstall the SEP product.

Check this Article:

Should Symantec Endpoint Protection be uninstalled from the computer before upgrading Microsoft Windows to a newer version of Windows?

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH197095

Hope that helps!!

• 4.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection Client version 12.1.2 stopping Windows 7 migration useing Microsoftdeployment tool kit 2012

Posted Jun 20, 2013 02:57 PM

what script you are running in the task sequence?

• 5.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection Client version 12.1.2 stopping Windows 7 migration useing Microsoftdeployment tool kit 2012

Posted Jun 21, 2013 02:06 AM

Dear Expert,

Thnaks for your reply and Your suggestion for my request.Thank you so much for your reply..now i will check logs and i will suggest the same to next level technical team to suspend the symanted in the organization and I will request them to add an expetion to aloow my scripts to migrate the user profile and os refresh..

I wish and hope i may have suggestions from symantec team like you if i request for help.

Thanks for your suggestion and help and have a good time ):

Regards

N.V.Srinivas,

Mob+91-8985966259

vedadri_nvs@hotmail.com.

• 6.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection Client version 12.1.2 stopping Windows 7 migration useing Microsoftdeployment tool kit 2012

Posted Jun 21, 2013 02:10 AM

Dear Expert,

Thanks for your reply and I will check the logs and I will share the same to the symantec admin in my organization for exeption or to temperoraily suspend the symantec.

Thanks for your time and valuable suggestion.I wish and hope i may get suggestion through blogs if i request for any help.

Thanks & Regards

N.V.Srinivas,

Mob+91-8985966259.

vedadri_nvs@hotmail.com

• 7.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection Client version 12.1.2 stopping Windows 7 migration useing Microsoftdeployment tool kit 2012

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jun 21, 2013 08:05 AM

Hello,

In your case, it is not recommended to have the Symantec Endpoint Protection installed on the machine while migration of Operating System.

I would recommend you to uninstall SEP product and then follow the OS Migration steps. Once the OS is migrated, you may then reinstall the SEP product.

Check this Article:

Should Symantec Endpoint Protection be uninstalled from the computer before upgrading Microsoft Windows to a newer version of Windows?

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH197095

Hope that helps!!