Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Symantec Endpoint Protection interferring with the ability to install NAV2010?

• 1.  Symantec Endpoint Protection interferring with the ability to install NAV2010?

Posted Sep 24, 2009 12:59 AM
    Hi there,
    I had Symantec Endpoint Protection and went through the manual process to uninstall are per one of the Symantec technotes (uninstall didn't cleanly remove it).  I tried using the Norton Removal tool but I sense that it might still be interfering with my ability to install NAV2010 in its place.

When attempting to install NAV2010, I downloaded the trial and the Download Manager proceeds to the point where I agree to install.  Once clicked, I get a message:

"An unrecoverable error has occurred.  Please click Technical Support for more information"

I noticed that this problem happened in the beta but I didn't install the Beta before. 

I'm running WindowsXP MCE SP3 on 2.67 GHz with 1GB of RAM.

One oddity (I'm not sure if this is expected), is that whenever I reboot (such as after running the removal tool), when Windows loads, the 2010 install screen shows up.  If I try and click to install, the same problem occurs.  I sense that even though the removal tool is apparently getting rid of NAV2010, it's residual somewhere.

Any suggestions on how I proceed?  Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection interferring with the ability to install NAV2010?

Posted Sep 24, 2009 02:24 AM

Hi,

It's not quite clear to me, which one are you trying to install? and uninstall? I used to work with Norton Customer Support, and as far as remember you cannot install a Norton software with another anti-virus still installed on the machine. I'm just not quite au fait if thats how it works for all softwares.

Norton Removal tool is for Norton Softwares (Home use products) To uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection what you need the CleanWipe Tool from Enterprise Technical support since SEP is for corporate use . Kindly contact Symantec Technical Support.

If you have a valid support entitlement, please contact Technical Support by utilizing one of the options below:

• Security Products: Please call the Technical Support phone number documented in your Welcome Email.
    • Information Availability Products: Please select the country where you are located at the following URL for telephone
      number information:

www.symantec.com/business/support/contact_techsupp_static.jsp

---
    ........ not so techy but I hope that helps.. =)