Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1 unable to download updates

Posted Apr 29, 2014 08:53 PM

My Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1 decided to stop downloading updates since December 2013. Currently all my attempts to manually syncronise my SEPM with Symantec LiveUpdate server went in vain, even though in the logs it says it downloaded successfully.

Can someone assist by providing links to helpful articles that can help me resolve my problem?

Much appreciated.

Brendan

• 2.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1 unable to download updates
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1 unable to download updates

Posted Apr 29, 2014 09:24 PM

What database are you using ?

11.0 SEPMs using SQL 2005 databases are not properly processing/publishing AV definition updates

Article:TECH211503  | Created: 2013-10-13  | Updated: 2014-01-24  | Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH211503

• 4.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1 unable to download updates

Posted Apr 29, 2014 10:35 PM

Hello James007,

My SEPM is 12.1 and am running on SQL 2005. The article mentions for SEPM 11.x

I am getting my DBAs to double-check and will advise.

Regards,

Brendan

• 5.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1 unable to download updates

Posted Apr 29, 2014 10:36 PM

Thank you Brian,

I am going through each of the articles and investing my setup and logs.

Will provide further updates.

Regards,

Brendan

• 6.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1 unable to download updates

Posted Apr 29, 2014 10:41 PM
    Sounds good, thanks

• 7.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1 unable to download updates

Posted Apr 29, 2014 10:41 PM

No it's articles appliable for SEPM 12.x we have received couple of thread same problem in SEPM 12.x

• 8.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1 unable to download updates

Posted Apr 30, 2014 12:29 AM

Try it

Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1 is not updating 32-bit or 64-bit virus definitions due to corrupt content

Article:TECH166923  |  Created: 2011-08-10  |  Updated: 2014-04-28  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166923

• 9.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1 unable to download updates
    Best Answer

Posted May 07, 2014 10:11 PM

Thank you chin_aust.

I've gone through this article and the rest of the other articles but could not resolve my issue.

I did a workaround and was able to update my SEPM.

This is what I did:

Configured the client on my SEPM server to do direct to Symantec LiveUpdate servers and download updates. The Symantec Endpoint Protection client on my SEPM server downloaded all updates, 32 & 64 bits. 

Then I restarted SEPM service. 

After the restart, the updates then show up on the SEPM console.

I pushed the update to all clients on my network and sure enough, all of them started getting the updates.

My clients are now getting SEP updates and are staying up-to-date.

The thing that puzzles me is that inside SEPM, when I attempt to download the updates, it fails. However I had uninstalled and reinstalled LiveUpdate numerous times. For now, I am resorting to using client liveupdate to pull down updates from Symantec and push it to all clients on the network.

Thank you all for your inputs in helping me resolve this issue. If anyone has any suggestions on my puzzle above, please post.

Thank you all,

Brendan