Symantec FileStore 5.7 MP1: New features
Created: 20 Nov 2012
The Symantec FileStore 5.7 MP1 release introduced the following new features:
- IPv6 support - support for IP version 6 (IPv6) IP addresses.
- Bandwidth throttle - allows customers to effectively manage bandwidth allocation for replication operations, thus minimizing the replication impact on other applications.
- Silent installation - allows an administrator to install FileStore using a configuration file so that the FileStore software can be installed without prompts.
- Creation of a bond interface at Symantec FileStore installation time - allows an administrator to create a bond interface from a given list of public interfaces at FileStore installation time. This feature allows an administrator to save a number of physical IP addresses used for installation and post-installation bond creation.
- Network> device commands - allows an administrator to list, add, remove, rename, or identify network interface card (NIC) devices within a FileStore cluster from the FileStore CLI.
- Support> vxconfig backup command - allows an administrator to manually backup the sfsdg (FileStore disk group) configuration database to the desired location.
- Support for replication of directories - allows an administrator to do the following:
- Set resync options to specify whether to delete files on the destination repunit that are not present on the source repunit.
- Set resync options to sync only the source repunit directories to the destination cluster repunit.
- Storage tunables - new tunables fullspace and fullinodes were added to the Storage> fs alert set and Storage> fs alert unset commands. Both the fullspace tunable and the fullinodes tunable allow an administrator to set an alert if the file system becomes full.
For more information on these Symantec FileStore features, refer to the following:
- Symantec FileStore 5.7 MP1 Release Notes
- Symantec FileStore 5.7 MP1 Command-Line Administrator's Guide
- Symantec FileStore 5.7 MP1 Replication Guide
- Symantec FileStore 5.7 MP1 Installation Guide
Symantec FileStore documentation for other releases can be found on the SORT website.