Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Ghost 115.0.2266 Error finding Drivers when imaging

Posted Feb 05, 2014 12:04 PM

Hello,

We are having issues with our new Symantec Ghost Console image installation process. I'm not sure if I've missed something during the setup, but the job is failing on the last step of the imaging process. I've gone through the tutorial serveral times, but not sure if there is a known issue or solution for the below error. If anyone out there can help me with this, your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

symantec ghost error.png

• 2.  RE: Symantec Ghost 115.0.2266 Error finding Drivers when imaging

Posted Feb 05, 2014 01:52 PM

Unfortunately the quality of the image makes it almost unreadable, even if I paste it into a graphics program and try to increase the image size.

However, it looks like the error message refers to drivers not being found for the pre-OS. This is not an uncommon error where users have failed to correctly locate drivers for their machine NIC and SATA chipsets and add them to the WinPE boot image. The following two articles may therefore prove helpful:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH110134

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/do-i-have-correct-driver-winpe

I would also assume that the version of Ghost you have is actually 11.5.1.2266 as I'm unaware of a version 11.5.0.2266.

The drivers you need to find are Vista 32 bit drivers (see second tech note above) and if you have trouble finding a working set, let us know the exact NIC chipset your system has.  The Intel 82579 is the one that gives the most problems, but searching this forum on "82579" will reveal postings which have links to known good drivers.  I can't make out the exact drivers that are reported as missing, so again, if you need further help, please post the exact wording of the error message.

• 3.  RE: Symantec Ghost 115.0.2266 Error finding Drivers when imaging

Posted Feb 05, 2014 04:58 PM

Sorry about the attachement quality. This is the event details i'm getting. You are correct about the version also.

Details for :To Virtual Partition

Drivers could not be found in the PreOS for the following devices

Manufacturer: @oem73.inf,%intel%;Intel", Decription: "@oem73.inf,%e1502nc...

Manufacturer: "@mshdc.inf,%ms-ahci%;Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller"...

• 4.  RE: Symantec Ghost 115.0.2266 Error finding Drivers when imaging

Posted Feb 05, 2014 05:08 PM

That's pretty much confirmation of my suspicion that your WinPE boot environment is lacking the correct drivers for the Intel NIC chipset and for the SATA hard disk controller.