Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Ghost 12.5 / Universelle Netzwerktreiber / Boot from USB

Posted Jul 05, 2009 11:55 AM

Hi

Ich teste momentan Symantec Ghost 12.5.
    Jetzt habe ich ein Boot USB-Stick erstellt. Der universelle Netzwerktreiber
    hat bei allen Clients funktioniert. Doch nun habe ich einen neuen Client, der nicht unterstützt wird. (Netzwerkkarte)

Nun lautet meine Frage, wie kann ich den einzelnen Netzwerkkartentreiber zu dem USB Stick mit
    universellen Netzwerktreibern hinzufügen? 

Mfg

battery

• 2.  RE: Symantec Ghost 12.5 / Universelle Netzwerktreiber / Boot from USB

Posted Jul 06, 2009 01:11 AM
    Hi,

Apologies for not replying in German as I dont understand this language. I have translated it in English with the help of google and replying back to you.

If I understood correctly, your problem statement is - You are not able to find NIC drivers with new machine arrived and you are using GSS 2.5.

What Pre-os are you using?  for Winpe you need to add the NIC driver thorugh Ghost boot wizard, select Pre-os Winpe and click edit option, select winpe and add the appropriate network drivers. Create boot package on your USB stick.

Other option is to create boot package using pc-dos pre-os.

Regards,

Nitin

• 3.  RE: Symantec Ghost 12.5 / Universelle Netzwerktreiber / Boot from USB

Posted Jul 06, 2009 11:13 AM
    Hi,

No problem. Apologies for not writing in English before.
    The universal Driver from GSS 2.5 works with the most clients but they don't work
    with a few servers.

One of the Server is a HP ProLiant ML350 G5.

I thought that it should be this driver:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121586&prodNameId=3279711&swEnvOID=4022&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-30ec52f08d1c4e5c87a2e9d113

But it doesn't works.

Have i activate the option "include DeployAnywhere Driver Database in the image" ?

Is it correct that i have to include the driver into "BartPe" and not into "BartPe 512"

Thanks a lot for your Reply

battery

• 4.  RE: Symantec Ghost 12.5 / Universelle Netzwerktreiber / Boot from USB

Posted Jul 06, 2009 05:53 PM
    on my USB based boot devices i usually use linux as the Pre-OS.  the linux Pre-OS is about 24mb so it boots very quickly compaired to WinPE and its extremely good as detecting network cards, even weird ones.  also since your using a USB device to image its likely that you will be sitting with the machine, the linux OS has a web browser to keep you occupied while you wait ;)

• 5.  RE: Symantec Ghost 12.5 / Universelle Netzwerktreiber / Boot from USB

Posted Jul 07, 2009 01:54 AM
    Hi,

Please try to include network drivers from below mentioned website and let me know the status. Link is for downloading network drivers for windows 2003 operating system.

http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/driver-sla.php?driver=NX2-2003-RIS or http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3660137&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=3660135&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1114.

Download the drivers and add it to WinPE from GBW

Regards,

Nitin