Symantec Management Agent - unresponsive
Hi we are having issues with the Symantec Management Agent on client PC's becoming unresponsive when downloading and/or installing lots of Policies. we work in a large teaching environment and it is not uncomman to send 100 applications to a newly imaged machine.
We also find that when doing the above to multiple computers at the same time can make the NS server unresponsive. (It is not uncomman for us to be setting up hundreds of computers at time - at least quarterly) With the size of applications etc it can take more than 24hours to finish a computer off.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
- Server 24GB Memory
- Symantec Management Agent V7.1.15400.8400
- software Management solution Agent 7.15.7858
- Software Management Framework Agent 7.1.8400
- 8000 clients (only 5000 connected to this system at the moment - still in a migration stage for from NS6)
- 1 package server that would service approximately 1000 of the above
- SQL server off box - SQL Server 2008 R2.
Any ideas on how to resolve or at least improve this would be appreciated - we did not notice the agent issue with the NS6, but the could tell when there was a high load on server.