Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Messaging Gateway 10.0.5.

Posted Sep 19, 2014 05:30 AM

Hi,

I have setup the Messaging Gateway on a Virtual Machine and is working great. My setup is with both the scanner and the controller.

Now I have created another VM in another office with only scanner and connected it on the machine I have created above which has a controller as well. Everything is working fine except the release of the spams from the quarantine. In my first machine and domain the release is working but on this domain which is on the new scanner the release returns the error below:

"Cannot release the message. It has either been released already or a delivery error occurred. Please check Brightmail Log for details."

In the log there is no entry for this.

Please help.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Symantec Messaging Gateway 10.0.5.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2014 03:59 PM

You need to look closer, becuase the error will be in the BrightmailLog.log file.

This is most likely becuase the control center is set up to release to a mail server that does not accept mail for the domain the mail is destined for. You should change the Control Center's SMTP setting to use the option to send to a specific host that can receive and route mail for both of the locations.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH187786