Symantec Protection Suite
I am working on a design document for a symantec protection suite enterprise edition which will be deployed to 15000 users divided in 5 locations / sites with active directory single forest multiple domain.
All sites are interconnected via dedicated fibre optic.
I am going through the protection suite docs like endpoint security 12.1 implementation guide and getting started guide .... I have a few questions :-
1) does Symantec protection suite (endpoint and desktop recovery) use active directory to discover and manage client workstations?
2) how do you suggest I should place Symantec protection manager and its dedicated SQL ? Centrally or two of these servers for each site ?
3) how should I ensure that clients in site 1 don't use the SPM in site 2 ? Do I specify preferred spm in client configuration?
4) can I push policies for all sites from one site or get them replicated ?
5) How vital is active directory for this product and does this product modifies active directory schema?
6) considering that I will be designing desktop recovery for the above number of clients .... Do we need to install two agents or one unified agent is enough?
7) what would your suggestion be on designing this given the above information ?
Will be most grateful for your assistance and please let me know if you need any further info on this
Thanks for reading