Symantec™ Security Information Manager (SSIM) is being discontinued for new customer sales as of September 2, 2013.
Please be advised that Symantec™ Security Information Manager (SSIM) is being discontinued for new customer sales as of September 2, 2013.
Symantec is investing heavily in our Information Security Services strategy, which is focused on providing customers with an industry-leading portfolio of services including security strategy consulting, security monitoring and management, incident response and attack simulations.
While assessing whether SSIM had a place in the new strategy, we concluded Symantec’s share of the SIEM market has been declining and it would require significant investment to gain par and surpass the current market leaders. Also, given that a key tenet of the ISS strategy is providing customers with cloud-based security solutions, the decision was made to discontinue investing in SSIM and double down on our next generation security solutions.
Although we are announcing this end of sale (EOS), Symantec is committed to supporting existing SSIM customers until November 2017 so they may have sufficient time to select and transition to a new solution.
- Existing customers may buy additional licenses to support incremental expansion for 24 months following EOS. Our hope is the additional time will enable customers to execute a graceful migration to an alternative solution.
- SSIM 4.8.1 will be the final release. Existing SSIM customers with a current support contract may upgrade to the latest version through end of support.
- Support will be offered until November 2017 and no changes are being made to the support SLA.
- For 30 months after EOS, SSIM limited product support will include hot fixes, patches, security fixes and maintenance packs for bug fixes.
- Once limited support ends, partial (phone) support will be offered until November 2017.
Collector Updates and Device Support:
- Symantec will provide bug fixes on existing collectors only. No new collectors will be added beyond those provided in the recent 4.8.1 release.
For more information, please contact your Symantec Account Representative.