Symantec System Recovery 2013 Hangs SBS Server 2003 SP1
When running a full complete backup of the C partition of the server it completely locks up, requireing a hard reset to be carried out.
This is a brand new install of the Backup Exec software, installed just last week, and has been happening ever since it was first installed.
Things I have done to attempt to resolve the issue:
1. Run live update to service pack the BESR software to the lastest version.
2. Switched off disk quota management (saw another example of SBS 2003 mentioned in the forums with this issue and it related to quotas).
3. Run latest patches for VSS service.
4. Disabled all exchange services, although this is a SBS server, no Exchange is used on this server, client uses POP mail.
5. Removed and reinstalled BESR software, and patched again.
I can run a full and subsequent incremental backup of the D drive which is a second partition on the same physical drive. When I try to do the same on the C drive, it spends 30 seconds at 5% and then as soon as it moves to 6% the server locks, keyboard and mouse are unresponsive and I have to pull the power from the server and restart it. There is nothing reported in the event log of either the BESR software or within the Windows event log, presumably due to the way the server hard locks before any events can be recorded.
I've installed this software on many servers, both 2003 and 2008, and have never seen this issue in the past. I'm really keen to get the issue resolved as soon as possible - so thank anyone for their help in advance.