SYMC 11.0.2 DB Size and Upgrade Problem
Someone from Symantec, please takeover this case until my server upgrade to latest version is done.
1) SEPM is working fine 11.0.2.000 1567
2) I have recieved SEPM license for V12 in March and still I cant upgrade due to DB size which was 8GB few days back and now 11.7GB. I cant control it.
3) I dont have 3 times disk space of DB size, I want to reduce the DB size but it is growing unexpectedly.
4) I have recovered the First installation password for DB.
1) I cant connect ODBC. See my settings below:
Password: first password
Server Name: RH-OCS
Databas Name: SEM5
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\db\sem5
Error: if I enter IP: Connection failed: connection error: error in TCPIP port options
If I check IP then: Connection failed: Unable to start database server.
2) I must need to unload the DB to reduce size, my question, if My DB is 11.7GB, how much it will after shrink?
3) Why it is growing too fast unexpectedly?
Please note from last two months I am not able to step up just because of DB size and disk space issue. I cant increase disk space so I must deal with DB. Secondly I tried to tune up DB maintinance, log entries to reduce DB size but nothing works.
Thank you very much.