Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  System Center 10.1.6.6000 Questions

Posted Jul 22, 2008 10:50 AM

Hello.

I have a couple of questions regarding the usage of Symantec System Center v10.1.6.6000.

1. Is there any way to access a SSC running on a remote machine via a web interface, or is the only option to Remote Desktop into the server running SSC and run it from there?

2. According to the SSC, the clients attached to this parent server appear to be running a variety of client versions--10.1.7.7000, 10.1.6.6000, 10.1.5.5000,  etc down to 9.0.x and 8.1.x.  Is it possible to push client updates out to these clients via the SSC?  I did not see anything in the context menus indicating as such, only the ability to push out Virus Defs.

Thank you.

Gary

• 2.  RE: System Center 10.1.6.6000 Questions

Posted Jul 22, 2008 04:09 PM
    Console menu, near the top, TOOLS, ClientRemote Install - you can push from a CD, or from a parent server.............. you can push patches or the application. I use it to push new versions, like for going from 10.1.5 or 10.1.6 to 10.1.7 for example.

• 3.  RE: System Center 10.1.6.6000 Questions

Posted Jul 23, 2008 03:31 PM

Thank you.  I do see the ClientRemote Install option that you have indicated.  However, when I attempt an installation, I can't find the machine I'm looking for under the list of available computers.

I assume that this is because they are in a different subnet than the SSC that I  am running the update from?  (My rationale for this is that when I go to 'My Network Places' and view the entire network, I see the same group of machines that I see when attempting the remote client installation.)

I'm guessing that I need to be able to see them on the network from the server hosting the SSC before I can even attempt the remote installations, correct?

• 4.  RE: System Center 10.1.6.6000 Questions

Posted Jul 25, 2008 10:43 AM
    You can install SSC on your workstation and point it to the server. You don't have to RDP. Hope that helps.