Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

System Recovery 2013 set incremental backup

Created: 25 Mar 2014 • Updated: 23 Apr 2014 | 29 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I use SSR 2013  install on win 2008 x64 backup that server.   i define new job and setting job full run on  every saturday 10:pm . 

Why i cannot set option incremental backup for this job ?

Operating Systems:

Comments 29 CommentsJump to latest comment

Chris Riley's picture

Are you saying that the option to create a recovery point set backup job (full + incremental) is greyed out?

Which volumes are you selecting?

Chris Riley's picture

Please answer my earlier question:

Are you saying that the option to create a recovery point set backup job (full + incremental) is greyed out?

Chris Riley's picture

What do you mean by that? Please be more specific. Perhaps a screenshot to show the problem will help ...

As mentioned already, a recovery point set job will create a full (first backup), then incrementals.

TRaj's picture

Check this : http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH205310

Please upgrade to SSR 2013 SP2 ( 11.0.2.47xx ). Refer :  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH214768

We are requesting you to mark the forums as Solution , so that is makes easier for the viewer to search and refer the posts with "Solutions"

momaymm@hotmail.com's picture

install completed.

How to select job option increment  ?

SNAG-0048.png
Markus Koestler's picture

You have to create a recovery point set --> Users Guide page 81.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag...

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

Please post the complete configuration of the backup job.

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

Summary job backup

you meaa i must create one job for  independent recovery point ?

SNAG-0049.png SNAG-0051.png

The first picture shows that the backup job is alreaday a recovery point set (Type field on the general tab).

Sorry can i don't understand what you mean?

markuskoestler's picture

Which schedule did you assign to the recovery point set? There you can select when to run the full and when to run the incremental backups !

I run full 2 time for this server..

i'm not sure ,   How to setup for incremental backup run daliy ?

TRaj's picture

Thanks Marcus for helping while I was not available.

Hope momaymm has got his issue resolved....

Let us know if it was resolved. We can help further if required.

We are requesting you to mark the forums as Solution , so that is makes easier for the viewer to search and refer the posts with "Solutions"

See the users guide for how to setup daily incremental backups. http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC6256

Please update the status with this !

So no incrementals still?

There is option, just run the backup job manually. Full or incremental backups will run according to the schedule of the job.

Where is menu for setting run incrementals on SSR2013 ?

Becuz i cannot see menu for setting incremental .  Please advise to me  please...

There is option, just run the backup job manually. Full or incremental backups will run according to the schedule of the job.

That you mean incermental don't have option in SSR2013 ?

Becuz now i running full job everyday befor have option incermental .

Can you open a support ticket for this?

SOLUTION