Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

System recovery 2013 wont run on windows 7 64bit

Created: 30 Jul 2013 | 11 comments

Receive error everytime you reboot or try to run the program runs fine on my windows 8 machine. Have tried downloading setup files multiple times and installing any ideas please ?

Regards

Details
    Data
        System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
        Requested registry access is not allowed.
    Source
        mscorlib
    Stack Trace
           at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable)
           at Symantec.VPro.VProUI.VProUtils.ReadProductRegistryString(String sName)
           at Symantec.VPro.VProUI.ProtectorUtils.InitDebugging(String sDebugFilename)
           at Symantec.VPro.VProConsole.Program.Main(String[] args)
    Target Site
        OpenSubKey

Operating Systems:

Comments 11 CommentsJump to latest comment

Markus Koestler's picture

Have you tried to run fixinstall.bat ? Did you install the 64 Bit Version of ssr ?

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

Amrit Alok's picture

The error is typically generated when the user logged into the machine does not have the appropriate permissions in the Windows Registry. 

I suggest you to have a look at the article mentioned below:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209151

Markus Koestler's picture

Any updates here ?

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

brainshaker's picture

Hello,

i have the same problem, regedit/permissions did not solve the problem. What is the fixinstall.bat?

thx

WhereIsMyFiles's picture

I Also have this problem.

Have tried everything in REGEDIT. Nothing works. Still the program doesn't start at all.

What to do?

pkh's picture

What edition of Win 7 are you running?

dazussdj's picture

OKay after days of useless customer service i ended up restoring the pc back to a backup with ghost and cant use the SSR.  Its Windows pro 64bit. I have only 1 account on my pc and its administrator access

brainshaker's picture

Hello,

this http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209151 is not working, you have to set permissions/owner for the whole Symantec Folder in regedit.

Solved the problem for me...

W7 pro 64bit /  SSR 2013

WhereIsMyFiles's picture

I removed complete Symantec registry entry and installed again (repair). Then the program started!

At first dialog i press next and get new error:

-Error E1ADFA8B: You do not have sufficient privileges to perform this operation. See help for more information about security settings.

(UMI:V-0-429-64139)

JasonInVegas's picture

I too have this problem on 11 machines...all of them have at least only one user ccount and all users are administrators.

I can fluently and competitantly edit registry settings for any other software in HKLM

The SSR 2013 installer is buggy and likely ZAPMSI is a culprit for partially-corrupted registry key settings such as the ones reported in the tech article.