Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

system reocvery desktop edition 2013 trial issue

Created: 16 Apr 2013 • Updated: 23 May 2013 | 5 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hello,

I am having an issue with system recovery desktop edition on windows 8 64bit.

the main service crashes due to ntdll.dll

the full information from event viewer is as follows:

Faulting application name: VProSvc.exe, version: 11.0.0.46600, time stamp: 0x506769d8
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16420, time stamp: 0x505ab405
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ea485
Faulting process ID: 0x6a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce39b8c8d43e38
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\Agent\VProSvc.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: f4c0349e-a5fd-11e2-be6b-0015af2893f2
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

the service does restart. once this problem has been solved I will be happy to buy the product.

Operating Systems:

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Mahesh.Nayak's picture

Refer  : 

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH202876

Confirm if the issue matches , if  yes we might have to create a support case

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

lodore's picture

Hello, Thanks for the response. the problem has been solved by a support case i purchased the product while waiting for a response and used the support contract provided to get the issue solved. 

Markus Koestler's picture

Can you please elaborate how you solved the problem ?

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

lodore's picture

there is a fixinstall.bat file under program files symantec system recovery. after it was run i rebooted and so far no issues. 

SOLUTION
Markus Koestler's picture

So please mark this post as solved !