Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  T400 & WINPE?

Posted Nov 11, 2008 10:52 AM
    We have moved to the new Lenovo T400 model laptops as a standard. However, I can't get these new machines to image or run any automation job using WINPE. I have added the driver from Lenovo to my PXE bootdisk but keep getting the following when tryint to boot into automation using WINPE... Please wait while altiris Windows PE2 x86 (PXE boot) loads... Initializing Windows PE2... Loading registry settings... Loading reg2000.reg... Initializing network... Starting the network... Loading drivers... Using Dynamic IP. Configuring WinPE Firewall.... Firewall disabled. Establishing network connection... Validating IP address.... restarting DHCP client service: retry 1... restarting DHCP client service: retry 2... Restarting DHCP client service: retry 3...

• 2.  RE: T400 & WINPE?

Posted Nov 12, 2008 11:16 AM
    Hey, I had this same issue with the T400. Make sure you add the VISTA drivers and not the XP drivers. I had issues with the "Have Disk" button (even after hotfix) to add the drivers through the GUI, so I used the Windows AIK Command Prompt to install the drivers and rebuilt the boot.wim file.

• 3.  RE: T400 & WINPE?

Posted Nov 12, 2008 12:19 PM
    Try adding the driver to the WinPE image itself. I had a similar issue with the Dell Optiplex 755. It had to do with the driver version that I was using within WinPE. Here is a link to the article: http://juice.altiris.com/tip/4634/imaging-optiplex-755-with-intel-82566dm-2-nic-using-winpe-21