Tape drive is displayed as standalone, not listed under library
I have an IBM 3650 server with LTO 4 TS2900 IBM autoloader connected via a LSI HBA. The OS is Windows 2008 r2, SP1. I have Backup Exec 2012 SP1a with 3 hotfixes applied. AS far as i can tell, I have all of the latest drivers and am running the Symantec driver for the tape device. I am having no luck getting the standalone drive associated with the tape library. The "Drive Element" statement does not appear in the ADAMM.log file. I have the same setup working with no issues in the lab. Am I overlooking something or do I possibly have a made autoloader?
I apologize for wasting both
I apologize for wasting both of you all's time on this issue. The one thing I did not state was, I was not involved in the original autoloader hardware installation and setup. I "assumed" certain things that came back to bite me. After talking to Symantec support, both of us were ready to proceed with and autoloader replacement. At that point I thought surely the shipping screw had been removed from the back of the autoloader. The installation site was half way around the world and 14 hours ahead of me here in EST. So I worked with a person onsite in my lab to test and see if the shipping screw being inserted made any difference or not. In our lab, the screw being installed or removed made no difference so I assumed that was not the issue. Just to be certain, I asked the onsite person for the production setup to check just to be sure. As luck would have it, the shipping screw was still installed so the library mechanism could not move . He removed the screw, powered off the autoloader, power it back on and rebooted the server. Now all is well and the setup is working as it should. I still do not know why my lab setup did not perform the same way but I will go back into the lab to see if I can reproduce the error. Thanks for the suggestions.