Video Screencast Help
Symantec Appoints Michael A. Brown CEO. Learn more.

Task Server not picking up Clients for package delivery

Created: 06 Mar 2013 • Updated: 07 Mar 2013 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I set up a new task & package server at a remote site.  Once everything was configured correctly I removed other site servers from managing that site.  However, after I've run a reset task agent task on the computers that are located on that subnet they do not seem to be taking tasks from anywhere, including the task & package server that is located on that subnet.

I've attempted the following:

I've restarted the services: Altiris Object Host, Client task data loader, & www publishing

IISreset /stop & start

Ive rebooted the server

Ive uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything including the required server components

In IIS I have the following app pools:

Classic .net AppPool  Started v2.0   Classic  ApplicationPoolIden...  0

defaultapppool            Started v2.0   Classic  ApplicationPoolIden...  3

On a server that I know is working correctly:

In IIS I have the following app pools:

Classic .net AppPool  Started v2.0   Classic  ApplicationPoolIden...  3

defaultapppool            Started v2.0   Classic  ApplicationPoolIden...  0

Operating Systems:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

andykn101's picture

First thing to do is reset the Task Agent on the Task Server and see if it registers with itself. Then use the Remote Altiris Agent Diagnostics (RAAD) tool to look at the log of any agent that isn't registering with it that should be. If they can't register with that Task Server I think they should register with another one.

Authorised Symantec Consultant (ASC) with Endpoint Management Limited, an Authorised Symantec Delivery Provider based in the UK.

Connect Etiquette: Please "Mark as Solution" posts that fix your problem.

burndtjammer's picture

I think I discovered the issue.  In IIS > Default Website > Altiris  A compenent for Task Service should be displayed but it wasnt.  I opened the agent of the Site Server, and checked "Show Expired Packages."  I found the task server install policy and ran it manually with repair options.  Restarted IIS and then all was well.

SOLUTION