Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TECH212184 Starting with 12.1 RU2, Autoprotect does not allow video feeds to load from Linux partitions

• 1.  TECH212184 Starting with 12.1 RU2, Autoprotect does not allow video feeds to load from Linux partitions

Posted Jan 10, 2014 07:33 AM

I am currently having a problem noted by Symantec:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH212184

Source ETrack

Value 3135955

Description Sony XDCAM drives use ProDiscVFS which is a proprietary linux file system. (original case, defect in AP found)

I have deployed SEPSBE 12.1.2015.2015 throughout our building and those people that use the Sony XDCAM drives with the Sony Browser software cannot run the Symantec Endpoint software.

I've looked at the workaround solutions 1, 2, and 3.

1. How can I roll back 4 individual computers out of my entire enterprise of 55 protected computers to 12.1 RU1-MP1 or earlier without rolling back the whole server? I'd need to setup another server just to deploy new packages and I don't have a license for a second SEPSBE.

2. "Disable Autoprotect, load the video files and then re-enable Autoprotect".  Tried that, disabling Autoprotect, and it didn't work for me. I have to disable everything before the Sony Browser would work.

3. "Move your media from the linux partitions to an NTFS partition before viewing with the software". Sounds nice but not a realistic solution as our staff need to edit and write back the video to those disks.

The article says "Symantec is currently working on a fix for this issue".

Is there a possibility a patch or real solution will be forthcoming?

• 2.  RE: TECH212184 Starting with 12.1 RU2, Autoprotect does not allow video feeds to load from Linux partitions

Posted Jan 11, 2014 10:06 PM

You simply need the package for the version that works, you don't need to roll back the SEPM to that version as well. a 12.1 SEPM will manage any version of 12.1. It's ideal to be on the same version for both SEPM and client but it's not a necessity.

You just need the client installs for either RU1 or RU1 MP1. If don't have these versions available in archive, call support and they can give you access to download one of the versions you want.

You can just uninstall the current version and install one of the above and replace the sylink from the SEPM.

• 3.  RE: TECH212184 Starting with 12.1 RU2, Autoprotect does not allow video feeds to load from Linux partitions

Posted Jan 13, 2014 02:36 AM

Solution 1 will be the best in this scenario for you - reinstall SEP clients on the 4 affected machine with the lower version of SEP - those can be as well managed with SEPM in higher version. From Symantec site the problem is ongoing investigation and fix will be released in future SEP 12.1 version.