Test import/restore multi-fragment backup
I'm practising our Disaster-recovery, and have hit a small snag. We have a backup job that runs over 2 tapes, creating 2 fragments.
When I come to restore the Phase 2 import of the second fragment (tape 2), the phase 2 import tells me theres nothing to import, yet, if I try browsing the client restore, some of the files that I believe are in the second fragment aren't being listed. Heres what I'm doing in my process:
- Run the backup
- Run an expire of the 2 tapes. bpexpdate -m <tape> -d 0 (UBI033, 1st and UBI046, 2nd)
- Delete the tapes from the catalogue
- Re-inventory the robot and it detected the two "new" tapes ok.
- I then run a P1 Import on both tapes
- If I then Try an Catalog-Import for UBI033, I see the Backup ID I expect. If I run it for UBI046, it tells me nothing matches. I've checked the date range and everything else is set to All <*>
During the P1 of UBI046 I see in the Results log text like:
Found existing image information for client <machine>, policy <polcy> and schedule Full (changed names here).
Recreating Copy 1, fragment 2 information for image
Creation of database information for import of media id UBI046 complete
So it looks like the fragment 2 data of P1 import went ok.I'm repeating the test now, but I believe its missing Fragment 2 data because I don't see able to run ghe P2 import of UBI046.
Before I gather logs, have I got anything wrong in my procedure ??