Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Testing upgrade to SEP 11 from SAV 10.1

Posted Aug 12, 2010 02:41 AM

I did test in Sun Virtualbox with 2 winXP machine. 

After I upgraded to SEP11 to both server and client, I didn't see client in SEP Manager automatically, is it normal? But I can search both server and client machine there. or any steps I did wrong??

• 2.  RE: Testing upgrade to SEP 11 from SAV 10.1

Posted Aug 12, 2010 02:53 AM

• 3.  RE: Testing upgrade to SEP 11 from SAV 10.1
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 12, 2010 03:02 AM
    Unlike SAV you have to install SEP Client on the server which has the SEPM installed. SEPM is just a management console and will not protect the server, you need to install SEP client on the server as well. From the SEPM create customized package as per your choice and then push it to the desired clients. After the installation the SEP clients starts communicating with the SEPM and thats when you would be able to see the clients in the SEPM console.

In case of further assistance check the available videos.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/security/videos?product=1403

• 4.  RE: Testing upgrade to SEP 11 from SAV 10.1

Posted Aug 14, 2010 01:54 AM

I find the client which is under the sub-group of + sign. Sorry that I'm not familiar with the operation of SEPM.

One more question. Since we have one old  Compaq ProLiant ML370 (PIII 667Ghz cpu w/ 1G Ram), I plan to move SAV server to this machine and then upgrade it to SEP version. Is it ok?

Thanks.

• 5.  RE: Testing upgrade to SEP 11 from SAV 10.1

Posted Aug 14, 2010 02:11 AM
    yes thats okay; you need to move all your sav clients to this server..
    or else you can move the groups and polies to the new sepm server using the migration and deployment wizard
    then create package and push it to the clients
    once all clients are moved to new sepm server ; you can then uninstall the sav server

• 6.  RE: Testing upgrade to SEP 11 from SAV 10.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 15, 2010 10:05 AM
    After install the SEPM, there will be the Migration Wizard launched. You can use the Migration Wizard to import the Group and Policy from the SAV 10.2. 

• 7.  RE: Testing upgrade to SEP 11 from SAV 10.1

Posted Aug 16, 2010 11:52 PM

I will try later. Thanks for all replies!!