Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  The text of network threat protection on my SEP 11.0 looks like some messy code?

Posted Feb 26, 2013 01:53 AM

I am from Shanghai China. The SEP 11.0 is installed on Windows2003. As you see above, the text of "network threat protection" looks like some messy code. I tried to uninstall the SEP then reinstall it but the problem still exists. Who can help me?

• 2.  RE: The text of network threat protection on my SEP 11.0 looks like some messy code?

Posted Feb 26, 2013 02:02 AM

Hi,

We can't understand What type Code showing ?

Can you paste ?

• 3.  RE: The text of network threat protection on my SEP 11.0 looks like some messy code?

Posted Feb 26, 2013 02:03 AM

What the error code it reflect can you please confirm?

• 4.  RE: The text of network threat protection on my SEP 11.0 looks like some messy code?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 26, 2013 02:16 AM

the word definitons is not showing up right in the NTP tab.

I would not worry if the defs are updated. However it should be related to your language settings.

try this document

Chinese version Symantec Endpoint Protection client displays messy code in the UI or log data

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH166848

• 5.  RE: The text of network threat protection on my SEP 11.0 looks like some messy code?

Posted Feb 26, 2013 02:23 AM

They are messy code instead of text of "network threat protection". I would be there as text "network threat protection" but now I cannot recognize them. 

• 6.  RE: The text of network threat protection on my SEP 11.0 looks like some messy code?

Posted Feb 26, 2013 02:27 AM

Do you have chinese or english OS version?

• 7.  RE: The text of network threat protection on my SEP 11.0 looks like some messy code?

Posted Feb 26, 2013 02:29 AM

SOLVED. Thanks Rafeeq