Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Symantec Endpoint Protection service to connect.

Posted Jun 28, 2011 08:08 AM

Hello,

I´ve a little problem with Symantec SEP 11 client service on our two servers Windows 2008 R2. The service is not able to start and always end with

Error 1053: The service did not respont to the start or control. 

Log Name:      System
    Source:        Service Control Manager
    Date:          6/28/2011 1:47:06 PM
    Event ID:      7009
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      
    Description:
    A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Symantec Endpoint Protectio service to connect.

I´ve checked GPO and local policies - nothing specific found. The service uses "Local System" account but when I set another account so it works. 

Server has installed Citrix Xenap 6.0 - it should not be problem. We have a lot of servers W2008R2 where is running SEP 11 and there is no error/problem. Only on two servers have it. I´ve tried debugging SEP service/process - nothing found. SEP has been reinstalled twice - always the same result.

Do you have any the same experiences?

Libor

• 2.  RE: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Symantec Endpoint Protection service to connect.

Posted Jun 28, 2011 09:23 AM

what is the version you have installed.

latest version is 11.0.6XXX make sure you have installed that version

uninstall sep

disable uac

reboot

run the install as administrator.

• 3.  RE: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Symantec Endpoint Protection service to connect.

Posted Jun 29, 2011 02:42 AM

I´ve 11.0.6000.550. UAC is disable a long time - we dont use it. Reinstallation was done twice as local admin. Nothing help. It is strange that service is able to start under "local admin account" but under classic "LOCAL SYSTEM" with highest permisssions not. I need to use LOCAL SYSTEM account for correct function

• 4.  RE: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Symantec Endpoint Protection service to connect.

Posted Jun 29, 2011 08:30 AM

• 5.  RE: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Symantec Endpoint Protection service to connect.
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 01, 2011 04:52 PM