Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Symantec Endpoint Protection service to connect.

• 1.  A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Symantec Endpoint Protection service to connect.

Posted Jun 28, 2011 08:01 AM

Hello,

I´ve a little problem with Symantec SEP 11 client service on our two servers Windows 2008 R2. The service is not able to start and always end with

Error 1053: The service did not respont to the start or control. 

Log Name:      System
    Source:        Service Control Manager
    Date:          6/28/2011 1:47:06 PM
    Event ID:      7009
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      
    Description:
    A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Symantec Endpoint Protectio service to connect.

I´ve checked GPO and local policies - nothing specific found. The service uses "Local System" account but when I set another account so it works. 

Server has installed Citrix Xenap 6.0 - it should not be problem. We have a lot of servers W2008R2 where is running SEP 11 and there is no error/problem. Only on two servers have it. I´ve tried debugging SEP service/process - nothing found. SEP has been reinstalled twice - always the same result.

Do you have any the same experiences?

Libor

• 2.  RE: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Symantec Endpoint Protection service to connect.

Posted Jun 28, 2011 09:16 AM

what is the version you have installed.

latest version is 11.0.6XXX make sure you have installed that version

uninstall sep

disable uac

reboot

run the install as administrator.