Top Technotes May 2009 - Storage Foundation
Created: 29 Apr 2009 • Updated: 21 Jul 2011
Your question may already be answered... Here are this month's most-accessed Technotes from Tech Support. For more info, try checking out the Knowledge Base.
- Late Breaking News (LBN) - Latest additions to the Release Notes for Veritas Storage Foundation and High Availability 5.0, 5.0 Maintenance Pack 1 (MP1), and Maintenance Pack 3 (MP3) for Solaris (SPARC)
- Late Breaking News (LBN) - Updates to the Release Notes for Veritas Storage Foundation (tm) and High Availability Solutions 5.0 to 5.0 Maintenance Pack 3 (MP3) on Linux and cross-references to product documentation
- Veritas Storage Foundation (tm) and High Availability Solutions 4.1 to 4.1 Maintenance Pack 4 for Linux - Late Breaking News and cross-references to product documentation
- Hardware Compatibility List for Veritas Storage Foundation (tm) and High Availability Solutions 5.0 Maintenance Pack 1, 5.0 Maintenance Pack 2 (including SFCFS for Oracle RAC for RHEL, SLES and OEL) and 5.0 Maintenance Pack 3
- Private region queries from vxtask result in errors when synchronizing encapsulated volume mirrors
- Where can customers download product patches and get new patch availability notifications for Veritas Storage Foundation and High Availability Solutions, Cluster Server One, Cluster Server for VMware ESX, Scalable File Server, and CommandCenteral Storage?
- How to Check Interface Duplex and Speed Using ndd/kstat on Solaris
- Intermittent failures and possible system crashes are known to occur when using Storage Foundation for UNIX, (SF/HA) Veritas Cluster Server, (VCS) Storage Foundation for Oracle RAC, (SFRAC) and Storage Foundation Cluster File Server (SFCFS) with certain AIX platforms
- VEA's storage agent is unable to fetch objects
- Correcting the udid_mismatch error with vxdisk updateudid still can cause damage. This should not be done at this time.
- vxresize fails with error message "VxVM vxassist ERROR V-5-1-10127 creating subdisk disk-02: Subdisk disk-02 would overlap subdisk disk-01"
- Setting the root bind DN for the LDAP server
- Bonding Network Interface Cards
- About Dynamic Storage Tiering (DST)
- How to recover and start a Veritas Volume Manager logical volume where the volume is DISABLED ACTIVE and has a plex that is DISABLED RECOVER
- What to do when "vxdisk list" shows status of 'online dgdisabled'.
- How to clear the failing flag when a vxdisk list status shows "online failing"
- Veritas Enterprise Administrator (VEA) fails to display any objects in VEA GUI after a successful installation.
- Tips to troubleshoot the VERITAS Volume Manager error message, "ERROR: IPC Failure: Configuration daemon is not accessible", when running regular VERITAS Volume Manager commands.
- VERITAS File System reports inodes 'marked bad incore' or 'marked bad ondisk' in the /var/adm/messages file.
- Oracle error: ORA-01119: error in creating database file and ORA-27038: file exists
- What are the differences between the direct, dsync, and unbuffered settings for the Veritas File System mount options mincache and convosync, and how do those options affect I/O?
- Data corruption can occur on a VxFS file system while writing to a Quick I/O file and simultaneously removing a Storage Checkpoint.
- How to use vxdump and vxrestore in a shell script
- Conflicting block size information displayed by df -g and fstyp -v