TouchDown

View Only
  • 1.  Touchdown Android 8.5.00094 - S/MIME signing disables HTML signatures

Posted Aug 04, 2015 06:29 PM

I am trying to figure out how to use S/MIME signing AND preserve my HTML email signatures.  Even when my HTML email signature is ENABLED, when I sign a message, Touchdown strips my signature out and then signs and sends the messge. If I choose NOT to sign the message, my HTML signature gets appended to the email and sent just fine.

I think this should be a bug but perhaps I'm missing a setting here. I can use the same HTML signature in Outlook and sign with the same certificate all day long...so, I'd really like to be able to do the same with Touchdown. I've been a Touchdown user since 2010, so I'm pretty familiar and comfortable with it -- it's powerful and a really nice app. This one thing I find pretty annoying though!

Thoughts? Ideas? Is there already a bug filed for this? How do I file a bug?

Thanks,

Pete

• 2.  RE: Touchdown Android 8.5.00094 - S/MIME signing disables HTML signatures

Posted Oct 21, 2015 11:43 AM

Hi,

I posted the same problem in another thread. Unfortunately I got no answer and the thread has been closed. It seems not possible to file a bug about Touchdown since it moved to Symantec. :-(

Sorry,

Axel

------------

Touchdown for Android Version 8.5.00094 licensed

• 3.  RE: Touchdown Android 8.5.00094 - S/MIME signing disables HTML signatures

Posted Oct 21, 2015 12:31 PM

Thanks Axel for your reply! I am surprised that no one else has asked about this...seems like something that more and more people would run up against in this day and age of increasing security / crypto requirements. I sincerely hope Symantec doesn't abandon this product -- it's the most powerful Exchange client out here for Android, better than MS' own "Outlook for Android" by a mile.  :/

I wish I knew how to file a bug report.

Symantec, hello, are you out there? A little help/guidance would be appreciated! Thanks!!

• 4.  RE: Touchdown Android 8.5.00094 - S/MIME signing disables HTML signatures

Posted Oct 21, 2015 01:00 PM

Pete/Axel,

Please write to support and they can give you a version which can be side loaded that will fix this issue. This is an ad-hoc build of the main touchdown product, and this same fix will be applied to the TouchDown VENUS application soon. See other thread about how to beta test that version.

thanks!

-g

(PS: we are still here, took a while for us to get the Android redesign started, but it is on a steady path now, and the VENUS preview is the first step in that direction,thanks for your patience)

• 5.  RE: Touchdown Android 8.5.00094 - S/MIME signing disables HTML signatures

Posted Apr 05, 2016 10:24 AM

I am new to Touchdown and just realized that my signature is also being stripped. I do not have a lot of time to be searching around for the fix. Would you be willing to post links and quick steps? 

Thanks

• 6.  RE: Touchdown Android 8.5.00094 - S/MIME signing disables HTML signatures

Posted Apr 11, 2016 12:42 PM

Hi,

Can you email into touchdown-support@symantec.com so we can get some logs of this occurring?