TouchDown

View Only
  • 1.  Touchdown not working with Office 365

Posted Mar 17, 2016 07:46 AM

I have been using touch down in my phone for my official email acccount for almost a year now, but it stopped working with office365 now, even though i changed the server name to outlook.office365.com

can some one please help with this?

• 2.  RE: Touchdown not working with Office 365

Posted Mar 17, 2016 05:39 PM

Hi Harikrse,

I only learned yesterday about the link I will share with you.  

(I came on this forum today trying to learn how to add a second account [office 365] to Touchdown.  Since it looks like multiple accounts in Touchdown will not be polling at the same time then I will prob stick with Outlook for Android for my second account.  Therefore I will not be personally trying my suggestion below, but I think it may work for you.)

I think you need to find a more specific server instead of outlook.office365.com.   The method below worked for me in Office 2013 on a PC, so hopefully you can use similar settings for Touchdown.   Yesterday I was trying to get Office365 with a custom domain to work on Office 2013 on the PC.  I found the link below which shows how to pull a more specific server name using Microsoft's Remote Connectivity Tool.  (You will find a server name for yourself similar to this format:  7d30b5ec-4218-4f7b-a266-55f45f45960a@o365info.com).  These instructions for Office 2013 also show the need to change to Anonymous Authentication, and to use Outlook Anywhere settings to connect to Exchange using HTTP... so I am not sure how this can be done inTouchdown.  But hopefully if you can find your specific server name then you will be able to figure it out.

http://o365info.com/manual-configuration-of-outlook-mail/

John Mark

• 3.  RE: Touchdown not working with Office 365

Posted Mar 17, 2016 05:46 PM

I posted a response, then I edited the response, but when I re-saved then my original post was deleted I guess.  

harikrse, hopefully you can see my initial response in your email, but I will try to repeat my response below

• 4.  RE: Touchdown not working with Office 365

Posted Mar 17, 2016 05:55 PM

I think the following link may help you:

http://o365info.com/manual-configuration-of-outlook-mail/

Use Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer to find a specific server name to use instead of outlook.office365.com

This worked for me in Office 2013 on a PC for Office 365 with a custom domain name where autodiscover would not work.  I also had to use Anonymous authentication and Outlook Anywhere settings to connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP... so I am not sure how those steps can be done in Touchdown.  But I do think finding your specific server (similar to the format "7d30b5ec-4218-4f7b-a266-55f45f45960a@o365info.com") may be helpful.

I came on this forum to find out how to add a second account (Office 365) to Touchdown, but from the other thread it looks like multiple accounts cannot be polling at the same time, so I will use Outlook for Android for my second account.  Therefore I will not personally be trying these steps in Touchdown, but hopefully I have pointed you in a useful direction.

• 5.  RE: Touchdown not working with Office 365
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 21, 2016 06:42 PM

What I would recommend is rerunning quick configuration via Touchdown settings>Advanced>legacy>Account>Quick configuration (note any custom settings prior.)

Use the following configuration settings:

userid: your email

domain: blank

email: your email

server: m.outlook.com or outlook.office365.com

SSL enabled, Activesync only as the protocol.

• 6.  RE: Touchdown not working with Office 365

Posted Mar 22, 2016 10:46 AM

cool, this worked finally, thank you so much for your post.

Senthil.H

• 7.  RE: Touchdown not working with Office 365

Posted Mar 22, 2016 03:51 PM

No problem, glad it helped. :)