Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Trial Vrsion - BE 2012?

Created: 29 Aug 2012 • Updated: 31 Aug 2012 | 12 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi,

I renewed license for Symantec Backup Exec 2010 ( I bought SYMC BACKUP EXEC 2012 SERVER WIN PER SERVER RENEWAL BASIC 12 MONTHS
EXPRESS BAND S
and  SYMC BACKUP EXEC 2012 AGENT FOR WINDOWS WIN PER SERVER RENEWAL BASIC 12 MONTHS EXPRESS BAND S) and after that I upgraded BE 2010 on BE 2012.

Now when I start up BE 2012 I see that is trial version.

Can you tell me why I have information that is trial version, despit the fact that I purchased license?

Naca

Comments 12 CommentsJump to latest comment

Backup_Exec's picture

Hi

Were do you see this error for trialware ,if you see some message in home screen of backupexec please check link below

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH189089

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH189387

Thanks

Sameer

Don't forget to give a "Thumbs Up" or Mark as "Solution" if someones advice has helped you.

Naca's picture

Screenshot

This is a screenshot...

Symantec 2012 -trial.jpg
AmolB's picture

I guess you have installed only maintenance license and not the actual license 

Backup_Exec's picture

Hi

Thanks for the snap but if would be good if you post snap of license information & in there we need to verify which option is showing as trialware

So as per my second link above this would be cosmetic issue & no need to worry

From the link,

(The License showing trial being enabled for "Agent for Windows" will not affect any local backups of the media server. If any remote servers are to be backed up then they can be backed up for the period mentioned in the in license expiration notification and after that a " Agent for Windows" license would be required to run any further backups)

Thanks

snap.JPG

Sameer

Don't forget to give a "Thumbs Up" or Mark as "Solution" if someones advice has helped you.

pkh's picture

BE 2012 uses .slf licence files.  Did you install such files in BE 2012?  If not, see the procedure in this document

Licensing - Getting Started

VJware's picture

Both SYMC BACKUP EXEC 2012 SERVER WIN PER SERVER RENEWAL BASIC 12 MONTHS
EXPRESS BAND S
and  SYMC BACKUP EXEC 2012 AGENT FOR WINDOWS WIN PER SERVER RENEWAL BASIC 12 MONTHS EXPRESS BAND S are maintenance...these are not product activation licenses...you woulld need to either install the license serial number or the license .slf

Either register the serial number associated with your renewals in the licensing portal for the activation licenses or you may contact licensing over the phone....

Backup_Exec's picture

Hi

When you click on install option and license keys you should see the same as mention in below snaps

So if you have entered license & in next screen if it checked & then this is cosmetic issue

Thanks

snap3.JPG snap2.JPG

Sameer

Sush...'s picture

Hello Naca,

Basically you need to follow the technote given below

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH183970 : Symantec Backup Exec 2012 is shown as being in Trial version even after installing the serial numbers.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Hope this piece of Information Helps you... and if it does then mark this response as Solution....!!!

Naca's picture

New snap

When I browse slf file end open them, I dont get a list on next page...

Symantec 2012 -trial 2.jpg Symantec 2012 -trial 3.jpg
Naca's picture

Hi,

Now I am not shure is this cosmetic issue or not?

Sush...'s picture

Hello Naca,

This is not cosmetic issue. The SLF files that you have entered are for Maintenance contract and not the actual license files of Backup Exec 2012 product. Please read the following technote again as this is mentioned in this technote

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH183970 : Symantec Backup Exec 2012 is shown as being in Trial version even after installing the serial numbers.

During the install of Backup Exec 2012, "Maintenance" serial numbers are entered, but the the actual “Product” serial numbers were not entered.

You need to speak to Symantec Customer Care and get the “Product” serial numbers.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Hope this piece of Information Helps you... and if it does then mark this response as Solution....!!!

SOLUTION