Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Trouble with Imaging Dell Latitude E6330

Posted Nov 30, 2012 09:07 AM

I made a bootable usb disc and when i try to create and image it does not establish an internet connection (Shows local ip of 127.0.0.1). I am new to Ghost so i have tried every solution possible i have found and nothing has worked.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Trouble with Imaging Dell Latitude E6330

Posted Nov 30, 2012 09:27 AM

You do not have a working network connection - as evidenced by the default IP address you are getting. As I don't know what exact procedure you followed in generating the USB boot, all I can suggest is that the driver you added is either incorrect or inoperative.

You don't mention which version of Ghost you are using, but I will guess that you have a DOS based USB boot.  If you have Ghost 11.5.1.2266, I would recommend you try a WinPE boot environment as this is much more compatible with modern hardware.

• 3.  RE: Trouble with Imaging Dell Latitude E6330

Posted Nov 30, 2012 09:32 AM
      |   view attached

Yes i am using Ghost 11.5.1.2266 and i am using the windows PE boot to create a usb boot drive. I used the driver directly from Dell, extract the files, and then installed each folder containing the 64 bit drivers. The Dell E6330 uses the Intel 82579LM network driver.

• 4.  RE: Trouble with Imaging Dell Latitude E6330

Posted Nov 30, 2012 10:07 AM

OK, that information is much more helpful.  First of all, the WinPE version used in Ghost is based on the Vista 32 bit kernel, so adding 64 bit drivers is not going to work. Please bear in mind that the operating system you are booting is WinPE, so you must add drivers compatible with WinPE, and not drivers for the operating system you are trying to image.

The Intel 82579 chipset is also one that gives more problems that all the rest combined. Many of the vendor supplied drivers do not work correctly with WinPE, so what I recommend you do is to enter 82579 into the search field at the top of this forum and get your drivers from one of the links posted by past users who have found a working download.  

• 5.  RE: Trouble with Imaging Dell Latitude E6330

Posted Nov 30, 2012 02:16 PM

Thank you so much, it is working now. I did not know Ghost was based on the Vista 32 bit kernel.

• 6.  RE: Trouble with Imaging Dell Latitude E6330

Posted Nov 30, 2012 05:30 PM

Ghost is not based on the Vista 32 bit kernel - it is WinPE (a Microsoft product) that is based on the Vista 32 bit kernel. GSS 2.5.1.2266 just happens to offer a choice of either DOS or WinPE as the boot environment for your Ghosting operations.