Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Trying to determine if SAV is contributing to Network degradation. 10.1.9

• 1.  Trying to determine if SAV is contributing to Network degradation. 10.1.9

Posted Dec 02, 2009 08:55 AM
    Good day everyone. I have multiple sites throughout North America, about 27 total, with a minimum of 2 machines in some sites and up to a maximum of 150 machines in another site. The Clients are ALL reporting to their secondary servers, and the updates are being provided by the parent server. Here is how I have it set up. My Managers are INSISTENT that Symantec is causing the network slow down, but I am not in agreement with them. I need to know what I can to first to prove that SAV is NOT contributing to this degradation and if it is, I need to know what to do in order to get it to run at an optimal level. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.
     Updates.jpg

• 2.  RE: Trying to determine if SAV is contributing to Network degradation. 10.1.9

Posted Dec 02, 2009 09:05 AM
    Refer below discussion
    bandwidth usage in sav 10 

• 3.  RE: Trying to determine if SAV is contributing to Network degradation. 10.1.9

Posted Dec 02, 2009 09:44 AM
    I am not really following that discussion too well.

• 4.  RE: Trying to determine if SAV is contributing to Network degradation. 10.1.9

Posted Dec 02, 2009 11:13 AM
    Well..for 150 clients I dont think they should be affecting much if you have normal speed network.
    However there are clients connecting through VPN or at remote location with 128 kbps line then it might be diffrent.

well still you can distribute clients between Primary and secondary servers.Putting everybody on secondary makes primary do nothing.