Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Trying to execute NBU_DesktopLaptopOption_6.1MP7_x86_ML on Windows Server 2008 R2

Created: 11 Nov 2013 | 4 comments

Hello.

My problem is that I'm trying to execute the installation of DLO 6.1 MP7 x86 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 platfom and as you know this version only exists in x64 architecture.

If I execute the installation this message appears: "This installation package is not supported by the 64-bit processor type."

That is weird because i have other applications installed and all are x86!!!

Please Help Me!!!

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

VJware's picture

DLO 6.1 MP7 x86 is meant for 32-bit machines. For the Windows Server 2008 R2 server, you will need the DLO 6.1 MP7 x64 installer.

Download links - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag...

Santhosh_Bhanda's picture

Hi AlbertoRomero,

Can you please let us know if it is your organizational policy that all applications are installed as 32-bit though the host OSs are 64-bit ?
What is the reason for installing 32-bit apps on 64-bit hosts ?

Thanks,
Santosh

AlbertoRomero's picture

Thanks for your help!!!

The reason is because i checked the compatibility matrix and If I Install DLO 6.1 MP7 x64 for example, I cant backup machines with Windows XP x32, and in my organization the update to windows 7 process has not finished yet.

The new question is, If I install DLO 6.1 MP7x64... Can I backup OSs with x86 architecture?

Regards!!!

Santhosh_Bhanda's picture

Hi AlbertoRomero,

Yes you can backup the data with server being x64 and agents are x32.

Thanks,
Santosh